2 980 ti's in sli, one just died. What would i get in replacement?

EquaLiZr

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 2 980 ti's in my system and one of them died today :( My warranty states that if one dies i get both replaced. Now do you think they would replace them with 1070's or 1080's or 1 1080ti?

What would "they" replace them with? $1200 for 2x 1070 and $1100 for 1 1080ti

I have 2 980 ti's in my system and one of them died today :( My warranty states that if one dies i get both replaced. Now do you think they would replace them with 1070's or 1080's or 1 1080ti?

What kind of weird warranty is this? I have never heard of anything like this.

Who the heck is providing that warranty?

Most likely it will be decided with what he paid for the 980tis. That would be the right way anyways.

I haven't heard of that sort of replacement program either. My thinking is if they have 980Ti's in stock they'll simply replace the one bad one.

Its a local company that provides this warranty if you pay for it and i did thankfully. Guess ill find out today when i bring my computer in.

If they have 980ti's in stock, 980 ti's. If not, most likely 1070's, good luck.

Since you can still get a Asus Strix GTX980ti retail I'd count on that being the solution...

Let us know though. I'm hoping you get 1070s or better just because. :)

Its a local company that provides this warranty if you pay for it and i did thankfully. Guess ill find out today when i bring my computer in.

My guess is the company is going to go through the RMA process for you but replacing both would mean you may be without a machine during the RMA process (Hope not). If they RMA to ASUS you will most likey get refurbed 980Tis back.

Back