2 * 8GB ddr3, $179.99 after code

HAWTTTT, again, i'm sure there will be people not reading it's a 8GB stick instead of 4GB, and the total is 16GB for 2 sticks!!!

really amazing deal, although i'm set on the 1.25v snipers already

ICE COLD for 16 GB of total RAM if you got 4 slots and are not trying to conserve slots
HOT for a 2 x 8 GB of RAM if you are trying to conserve slots or only got 2 slots

Epicfail

$80 bucks and yoru all set

You do understand these are 8gb DIMMS and some people want to get past the 16gb capacity on 4 slots? For a while 32gb in an 4x 8gb dimm configuration has been sitting at about $450. This is a marked drop over that.

But thanks for your insight :)

You do understand these are 8gb DIMMS and some people want to get past the 16gb capacity on 4 slots? For a while 32gb in an 4x 8gb dimm configuration has been sitting at about $450. This is a marked drop over that.

But thanks for your insight :)

I understand those people are fools. No one needs 32gb of ram.

I understand those people are fools. No one needs 32gb of ram.
Just because you don't...

I've been running 16GB for a few years already, as required by some of what I do for college (statistical modeling) and compiling (work). I'd be on 32GB already if I wasn't so in love with small-form-factor (ITX) cases. Fortunately I lucked out on the latest build last month, snagged the Patriot version of this for $130 because of a price mistake.

And just imagine what you could do with a Sandy Bridge-E, socket 2011, 64GB of DDR3, a 40GB RAM drive, and a virtualized guest running off aforementioned RAM drive... :drool: (Want, not need.)

Just because you don't...

I've been running 16GB for a few years already, as required by some of what I do for college (statistical modeling) and compiling (work). I'd be on 32GB already if I wasn't so in love with small-form-factor (ITX) cases.

And just imagine what you could do with a Sandy Bridge-E, socket 2011, 64GB of DDR3, a 40GB RAM drive, and a virtualized guest running off aforementioned RAM drive... :drool: (Want, not need.)

I'm in IT in an energy company we do statiscal modeling everyday, our machines have 8gb of ram sure it would be faster with 32gb of ram but it would still take 10+ hours to do so why bother?

I'm in IT in an energy company we do statiscal modeling everyday, our machines have 8gb of ram sure it would be faster with 32gb of ram but it would still take 10+ hours to do so why bother?
Because I'm assuming you have machines dedicated to it. If one is bogged down, you can move to another. And if your job grinds to a halt because your workstation is running at full load, your company can justify the expense in giving you multiple or faster machines; should be cheaper than them paying you a salary to do nothing while you wait. My stats stuff is done on my personal desktop, so the difference between 4GB and 16GB is the difference between an overnight job while I sleep and me not having a desktop for a full weekend.

Because I'm assuming you have machines dedicated to it. If one is bogged down, you can move to another. And if your job grinds to a halt because your workstation is running at full load, your company can justify the expense in giving you multiple or faster machines; should be cheaper than them paying you a salary to do nothing while you wait. My stats stuff is done on my personal desktop, so the difference between 4GB and 16GB is the difference between an overnight job while I sleep and me not having a desktop for a full weekend.

True they're dedicated but i also figured when you ran your batch you stopped using the machine until it was done.

I do development on my box at home. Most of it enterprise software that interacts with active directory heavily.

I also have a colocated VM box for production items.

But when I need to quickly spin up a series of VMs to mirror a specific domain structure, the last thing I want to do is push that across the WAN, and frankly, its a lot easier to justify $350 for some RAM than to spin up another box that gets used periodically.

Sorry bud, but youre just being a dick for no reason. Maybe you cant justify it, and that's cool. We understand. I cant justify it at $450. But as the price comes down, I certainly can for my less permanent VM hosts. :)

Back