2 7900GTs in SLI, one stock one EVGA KO Edition -- Help?

Svengali

Limp Gawd
Ok as many of you know the 7900GT KO edition is factory oc'd 500/1500(effective) but the stock GT is like what 450/1350 something like that. I had my gpu1 replaced due to overheating but I got a KO edition card. So I have one KO edition as gpu1 and a stock one as gpu2 (the old one).

Anyways, I was told the faster card will, like RAM, underclock itself to match the slower card. But I installed coolbits now to see about OCing the cards and the clocks read off as 500/1500.

Whats the deal? Is something wrong? Shouldnt it have underclocked itself? Is it auto-OCing the second card instead? I have no clue! Help! :p

Anyone have an answer? I did an OC and I checked in RivaTuner for the graphics diagnostic report and it said the first gpu is 550/801 (1600) and gpu2 was reading base clocks.

I have a feeling its only OCing one card because they are both on diff base clocks....

Not sure what to tell you but as long as theyre working :) Now you just need to overclock both even more :)

Svengali said:
I can't. Theyre suppose to be running at the same speeds but they arent :/
Hmm in that case, yo ucould always dump the ko bios from that card and flash it onto the other and make them both ko's or vice versa.

It will be fine. The KO card with be forced to match the lower speed setting. It might not show it thought...

Back