2.5" drive rackmount case

Ripley

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
240
Is there a Norco price range rack mount case for 2.5" drives? I have a decent number of never used 500GB 2.5" drives that I would like to put to use. I will need something with a SAS Expander so that I can connect it to my existing storage server. I've found a couple options but they are all several thousand dollars. That's out of my price range.
 
You could just get an hp msa70 and build the system in whatever case you want.
 
Looks like the MSA70 only supports 250GB SATA drives. Otherwise it would be perfect.

it's probably not going to know and/or care what drives are in it, it's just an enclosure with a SAS expander
 
HP isn't going to list drives that it never offered as an option with it at the time.
 
my EonStor RAID arrays say they support up to 250Gb disks and they work just fine with 2Tb drives, like Blue Fox said, if they only had 250Gb drives back then, that's what went on the spec sheet because that's what they were able to test it with...

99% chance it will have no issue with any 2.5" drive you put in there
 
Back
Top