2.4C and voltage

1.7v and under
if u loosen your timings, up your vdimm, and up your vagp that might help get that extra 100mhz to 3.3

3.2 on stock voltage is pretty good, my 2.4 only went up to 3.0 on stock voltage

a lil more info would help as well.. such as ur ram and what spd and what ratio etc.. u want to do and what mobo.. b/c i have a 2.4C oced to 3.3 standard vcord running corsairs XMS LL 2.5.3.2. 2.8 volts on ic7-g in 5:4 ratio.. its 275 fsb , and 220ish for the ram,, my ram is holding me back.. but im too lazy to try and overclock more w/slower timings cuz i like the agressive timing i have.. and i know for sure i won't be able to hit 1:1 that high

If you start jacking up the vcore to get higher speed, you might also want to upgrade your cooling from the stock Intel unit too. I would recommend a Thermalright SP94, SLK947-U or SLK948-U with a Thermaltake SmartFan 2.

I know some people that have run their Intel's at 1.7v and higher...they're on watercooling or VPC though too. They've been running them like that for quite a while too w/no probs.

1.7v and under is recommended though especially if on air.

nst6563 said:
I know some people that have run their Intel's at 1.7v and higher...they're on watercooling or VPC though too. They've been running them like that for quite a while too w/no probs.

1.7v and under is recommended though especially if on air.

opps guess i fucked up then cus mines been clockin a stable 3.42 at 195fbs at 1.7vols kinda pissed off though cus my rams 400fsb chip is 2.4c 533 fsb and board is 800 and maxs at 200 wtf?!?! am i tripin .....i just noticed that on cpuz it shows 190 for fsb and 777 for bus speed... is that switched or am i just dumb?

gammotu said:
opps guess i fucked up then cus mines been clockin a stable 3.42 at 195fbs at 1.7vols kinda pissed off though cus my rams 400fsb chip is 2.4c 533 fsb and board is 800 and maxs at 200 wtf?!?! am i tripin .....i just noticed that on cpuz it shows 190 for fsb and 777 for bus speed... is that switched or am i just dumb?

If your chip is a 2.4c then the default fsb would be 200 (800 quad pumped). If it's a 2.4b, then the default fsb would be 133 (533 quad pumped).

You have a *VERY* good 2.4b if it's clocking at 195fsb and running fine @ 1.7v.

Sounds to me like your confused about what you're hardware is actually rated to support and what you're running it at.
In order to utilize the "reported" 800Mhz bus reported on your mb, then you would also need a chip to utilize that too, which would be a P4 "c" or "e" series. Those chips support an fsb of 200Mhz (to get the bus speed you mulitply that by 4)...equaling a bus speed of 800Mhz. You RAM however does not quad pump the bus, it runs straight from what the fsb is. So if you're fsb is 190, then that's what the ram is running at.

be happy with your 2.4b that gets 195fsb. it's a rare find. If you fry it in a year or two with the 1.7v (which I highly doubt you will) then it'll be time to upgrade anyway.

Back