• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

(2) 4870's

Ed Blown Vert

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
418
Finally decided to upgrade from my old 3870x2's :)


4870.jpg


And a sight I rarely see. Upgrading is expensive.

(2) 4870's
(2) 3870x2's
(2) 3870's

diamond.jpg
 
Congrats. I just got my single 1Gb HD4870. I can't compare them to the 3870. I've heard they're a big jump. Only thing I can say is that this card completely kicks my 7900GS's ass!

Happy Gaming!!!
 
Actually I think I upgraded too soon. So far I have not seen much of an improvement over the 3870x2's.

COD4 and COD5 so far run the same. Supreme Commander did gain 10-15 FPS. I'll keep testing.
 
I thought about getting the x2's again. But I seem to be upgrading every generation and since I have to buy two cards. $1000 a pop was going to get expensive.

Plus what I read here, the 4870's were suppose to be much better then the 3870x2's.

4870 CF = 19363 3DMarks
4870 NCF = 16403 3DMarks
3870x2 CF = 19186 3DMarks
3870x2 = 12916 3DMarks

But now I may just return both cards for one 4870x2 and run one 3870x2 for the 3rd monitor
 
I too am about to make the jump from 3870x2's to a single 1GB 4870. Is it worth it at all? I have a 24 inch lcd running @ 1900 x 1200.
 
Well one 4870 seems to be better than one 3870'x2. But if you are replacing both 3870x2's for just one 4870. It may not be worth it depending on what you play.
 
I too am about to make the jump from 3870x2's to a single 1GB 4870. Is it worth it at all? I have a 24 inch lcd running @ 1900 x 1200.
I don't know how well two 3870X2's scale, but theoretically you're actually going to lose performance.
At least you can get rid of the microstutter, though.
 
i unloaded both 3870x2's and both 3870's for $300 total when the 48xx released. you're going to like the 4870 1024's.
 
Back
Top