• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2.4 celeron to 2.8 p4 issues

stevedave

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
5,737
My wife brought home an old dell optplex 170i with a 2.4 celeron in it.

So I took out the Celeron and put in a spare 2.8 P4 that I had and it starts up fine and runs fine but the P4 is only running at 1.6

I would like to be able to change the speed of the processor but the bios wont let me what should I do.

Also is there a program that can monitor temps on something that old and gay.

Thanks
 
Back
Top