• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2 1x PCI Express to 16x riser?

niffcreature

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
143
hi, I need to find an adapter for PCI-E with a 16x slot but that plugs into 2 or more x1 slots for improved performance.

let me know how to buy or solder one together. thanks.
 
That is a very unusual request -- one that I don't think exists.

May I ask why you need this "component"?
 
Are you sure what you are asking is even possible?

I think your best bet (depending on what exactly you are trying to do of course) is cut out the rear of one of the 1x slots and attempt to use the 16x card directly in the 1x slot, with no adapter.
 
Something similar exists in notebook space, but I've definitely never encountered a similar application in desktop motherboards. If this thing worked at all would hinge on how the chipset divides up the available PCIe lanes (it's pretty damn improbable).
 
That is a very unusual request -- one that I don't think exists.

May I ask why you need this "component"?

+1, what is the purpose of this? Are you trying to add another graphics card but your motherboard doesn't have another slot?
 
All I am trying to do is convert 2 1x pci-e into 1 2x, and then to 16x for a video card. There are plenty of 1x to 16x risers, but that pretty much halves performance.

Yes, I dont have any 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x lanes (unless you want to help me hack some proprietary MXM) and
Yes, its a laptop, I have seen what you're talking about. Its freaking expensive for what it is, and I think this would be an extremely cheaper alternative.
http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4H.html (the 2 mini HDMI cables are PCI-E)

ICH7m chipset should support 1+2 ports as a 2x link. I want to use this instead: http://www.amfeltec.com/products/minipcie-to-pcie-riser.php
two of them.
could I get it to work with this? http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-Express-PCI...ltDomain_0&hash=item335e179d86#ht_2573wt_1144

Also it would seem to be pretty easy as far as pinouts. there is no conversion needed, right? can't I just solder the wires together?
http://pinouts.ru/Slots/pci_express_pinout.shtml

thanks guys
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top