2.1 Wireless Speakers

FRZ

2[H]4U
My Klipsch Promedia 2.1s have served me well for over 12 years, but they're on their last legs.

Since I don't need anything substantial,, I was just going to upgrade them with new wireless Promedia 2.1s to improve on my wire clutter, but I was curious if you guys and gals had any other recommendations in the $100-200 price range?

That's like asking if someone can recommend you a car at 1000-2000 dollar price range :D

I'm sure there are bad and little less bad options at that price - but none I would care to try or recommend. Preowned is an option to think at that price.

I know it won't be anything substantial, but my current promedias serves my desktop sound needs, and the new version is around $180. I was just curious if I should look at any other 2.1 systems

I run the Logitech Z623 set, which is significantly less expensive. I'm positive the audio isn't 'accurate', but I'm no audiophile and there is plenty of power and punch when I want it.

The 'wireless' feature seems pretty worthless on the ProMedia, since only one wire is replaced, the one between the PC and the subwoofer/control pod. The speakers themselves are still wired to the sub, which is still wired to the wall obviously.

The Promedias aren't worth $180. I'm not a fan.

I'm also unconvinced by wireless. Unless you're running AptX, wireless audio sounds like warm piss.

What is your goal - aesthetics or sound quality?

I really wouldn't look at any of the 2.1 offerings. A decent stereo setup will be far more balanced.

A solid choice - even though you'll probably need a DAC or audio interface, new interconnects, and they'll take up a ton more desk space - would be Massdrop's version of the JBL LSR305, the LSR30x. When they have them, they go for $179... when they have them...

Back