2.1 system for desktop?

thecomputeraddict

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
300
So I'm in need of a new sound system for my main rig because my current speakers are the speakers that came with my emachines computer like 5 years ago and there pure shit.

so I was thinking of getting a nice 2.1 system. I've heard good things about the logitech z4's. I'm limited on funds so I don't want to have to get a receiver.
 
Same here, I still say when you get the Promedias and you set 'em up right (put the sub underneath, corner loaded if possible) they'll sound fantastic. Got no issues with mine, not sure why so many people do. The Swans have a great reputation as well, still hoping to check 'em out someday.
 
X2. for the $$, none better atm.

+1, Swans are sitting right in front of me and they sound GREAT. I was stuck in your situation two months ago with a lot of reviews on the Klipsch, but scarcely any on the Swans. You'll find reputable reviews from very reputable listeners, just google up Swan M10 reviews.

They (m10s) perform better than Bose Companion 5s.. consider them only if you can stomach the sub on your desk though. Not to say that the sub placement beneath the desk is any worse (for me, I felt MORE bass, but less intimacy in sound). Honestly, at $82 right now, you can't go wrong. I've got friends lining up at my house to audition these speakers. Get 'em while they're still in stock.
 
Another vote for the M10s, though if you want a little more in the low end the Klipsch Promedias are absolutely great speakers. I've got a pair of GMX-A 2.1s that I've had more or less since launch and while I did have to RMA once (the preamp failed, but there is very bad power in my house and this was before I got a UPS, so that could easily be it) I have not regretted the purchase once. I generally avoid Logitech speakers -- always been of the opinion they should stick to mice/keyboards/game controllers and leave the speakers to companies with some experience and engineering knowledge there.
 
Back
Top