2.1 speakers of HTIB?

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Now that my amazing Corsair SP2500 are screwed up :(, now out of warranty, and I believe Corsair has discontinued this product as I checked the dealers neraby.

What should be the next step? Should I go for some HTIB with 2.1? Or is there any 2.1 speakers better than SP2500?

There are lots of other suggestions in the forum, read through some of those.
It always turns into a pissing match when suggestions are asked for, most don't bother with it anymore. Sorry.

What price range ? Some of us run Pro Audio Monitors and subs, but it's not for everyone.

What price range ? Some of us run Pro Audio Monitors and subs, but it's not for everyone.

I can spend upto 300$ for a whole speakers setup.

Bose is too much expensive. Should I go for a 2.1 or 5.1? The primary purpose of speakers is

1) Gaming
2) Movies
3) Music

I want the speakers to have as much details as possible, and with good bass and a realistic effect, while gaming and while playing music. While playing movies, it should be able to catch each and every voice, which is most of the time missed by mediocre speakers like Logicrap 2.1, which I had before these Corsair speakers

Last edited:
I have the SP2500 speakers and have the following on order which will replace the SP2500s.

2 x JBL LSR305
1 x JBL LSR310S

It'll be my new 2.1 setup for my computer.

I upgraded from my Creative T40 to the Kanto Yu5. It's simply the best 2.0 system i have heard and super versatile [RCA, 3.5MM, 2x Optical & Bluetooth]. I got the Yu8 Sub with it connected, but not as pleased with the sub. the speakers are amazing.

This is bad. Corsair created such a wonderful 2.1 speaker system, they could have launched a bigger version

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting.. always a bit hesitant for single-driver speakers. even a taller but bit thinner tweeter+woofer bookshelf would be okay, but to be 13" tall and 9 inches wide? :eek:

They're like small prisons.

Will check the Orbs out though

There are literally a thousands of posts in this sub-forum filled with suggestions. You can get another 2.1 system or you can get a cheap stereo receiver and some cheap near-field speakers and upgrade as you get the funds. I went from Logitech 2.0 speakers to a Logitech 5.1 system to an M-audio 2.0 system then to a receiver and have been upgrading this system over time.

The receiver route will get the best sound quality and clarity as you can get real,ly nice speakers to go with it for not a while lot of $$.

There are literally a thousands of posts in this sub-forum filled with suggestions. You can get another 2.1 system or you can get a cheap stereo receiver and some cheap near-field speakers and upgrade as you get the funds. I went from Logitech 2.0 speakers to a Logitech 5.1 system to an M-audio 2.0 system then to a receiver and have been upgrading this system over time.

The receiver route will get the best sound quality and clarity as you can get real,ly nice speakers to go with it for not a while lot of $$.

Thanks guys.
I think I will soon order M-Audio speakers. Which receiver route will you suggest? Overkill is fine. While playing movies, I want wach and every detail to be covered

Thanks guys.
I think I will soon order M-Audio speakers. Which receiver route will you suggest? Overkill is fine. While playing movies, I want wach and every detail to be covered

you don't use the M-Audio powered speakers with a receiver. you use passive speakers with a receiver.
the M-Audio speakers will plug directly into the PC.

I use a Pioneer Elite receiver and Polk Audio monitor 40 speakers on my HTPC.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290202
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/VSX-30

Well I decided to get some stuff and see how it ends up...

I managed to find a pair of Cambridge Audio S30's barely used online. Decided to pair it with Dayton Audio DTA-120. Will start with that and maybe add the Dayton Audio Sub-1000 if needed.

Thanks guys.

For a good sounding, but not too hard on the wallet starter you don't need to spend a ton.

Quick example:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EE18O7W/ref=psdc_14269301_t3_B00F0H88SY
2.1 so you can add a subwoofer if you want.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-b652-6-1-2-2-way-bookshelf-speaker-pair--300-652
Highly rated starter bookshelf speakers, cheap too.

http://www.parts-express.com/bic-formula-fh-65b-6-1-2-2-way-bookshelf-speaker--303-434
Better sound, still easy on the wallet.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
From my limited perusal:

The Micca mb42x are reasonably sized and apparently sound decent. Apart from the S30s, these seem to be some of the only speakers that can't also be converted into a house.

Back