2.1 Sound Card

Zzyzx

n00b
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
23
I'm in the process of building a new computer and don't have a clue as to what sound card to purchase.

The motherboard will be a Intel D975XBX
The Speakers are the M-Audio Studiophile LX4 2.1
OS is XP Pro

I will be using the card for listening to music and recording. I also use it for the mic input so I can use it for Gchat.

Thanks for the help!
 
First off, do you want a all in one type card that has gaming features etc? Or do you want a card dedicated to recording and playback? I would say look at the M-Audio line of cards. What other audio gear do you have? do you have a mixer or microphones or other audio gear that needs connections as well?
BTW, Those are nice monitors you have there. Have you considered expanding them to surround? I was seriously considering these for montioring purposes...
 
My main use with the sound card will be:
Listening to music and encoding
Using it to chat on the internet, so will need a input for a mic

I really don't want a surround sound system at my computer, just 2 + a sub will be fine :)

No gaming on this system.

I was looking at the M-Audio card, but didn't notice a mic input

Thanks!
 
Just thought I'd try one more time to see if anyone has a simalar set-up that can help.

All I need is a great sounding sound card for the M-Audio Studiophile LX4 2.1 speakers that I have bought and a mic input on the card for talking over the internet.

The M-AUDIO 9900-40906-00 5.1 card looks like what I need, but one review said the mic didn't work.

Thanks!
 
Well it depends there are a lot of card in that price range and they all have their pro's and cons. If music and encoding (cd to mp3 or the like, or dd and dts?) then I would suggest getting something that has good dacs and a great snr. HT makes some good cards in that area and so does AuzenTech.
 
Back
Top