2.1 setup question...

Aaron909

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
169
So after reading countless threads here, and on avsforum.com, this is what I've come up with for a 2.1 setup with a $400 budget. All I am missing is a new receiver, could someone please recommend me a receiver that's under $200? Thanks

Sub
Dayton SUB-100 10" - $131.80
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-633

Speakers
Insignia NS-B2111 Bookshelf Speakers - $87.98
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705307&type=product&id=1138085354138

I was thinking of getting this one
http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=38513098&source=EWBBASE&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=38513098

Also, am I going to need any special cables to hook up this system to my PC?
 
This is very similar to the route I took. I'm running an Asus P5K-Deluxe, Vista 64, and I was planning on going coax out to reciever. I was not able to configure for coax out using Asus audio software, I'm using optical out from motherboard, no sound card. Just thought I'd pass that along. I'm running a Denon AVR-1708 to Onix Reference 1, and I'm very happy with results.
 
I have an xtrememusic, this is what has me puzzled. I'm trying to put together a decent 2.1 system to listen to music on my pc, and some gaming. Do you guys recommend I get a T-Amp...or a budget receiver? If I get the T-Amp, how do I connect the subwoofer to it? Also, am I going to need any special kind of cables to hook up this system?
 
Do you guys recommend I get a T-Amp...or a budget receiver?
If you output digital from PC, you will need a DAC at some point, hence many folks employ a receiver for this purpose. If you output analog from soundcard, then an amp will suffice you, however I'm not sure about impeadance/level matching.

Could someone please tell me if this receiver would work with the Insignia NS-B2111 speakers, thankyou. It says on the product info that its only 50 watts per channel?
I don't see any reason why it would not work.

I'm no expert but I think you'll get a pretty good bang for the buck ratio on the HK + Insignia setup. However you said you wanted 2.1 so you are still missing the sub. Check the Show Us Your Speakers thread and you'll find some good ideas. :D
 
Thanks for the suggestions


Could someone please tell me if running the insignia speakers through my klipsch sub that came with the promedia's is dangerous at all? It sounds pretty darn good. Thanks
 
Thanks for the suggestions


Could someone please tell me if running the insignia speakers through my klipsch sub that came with the promedia's is dangerous at all? It sounds pretty darn good. Thanks

You'll be fine. I did this for a while before my Sonic T-amp showed up at my doorstep.
 
Back
Top