• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2.1 or 5.1 setup?

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
6,279
I'm trying to decide which one I should go for. Is there a big difference between the two. In games, with the 5.1 setup, can you really feel like there are bullets flying behind you or cars trying to overtake you?
 
5.1 speakers combined with a good sound card makes everything more imersive (spelling?) I love it, i used to be a 2 speaker guy but now i will never go back. I compare it to a video card upgrade in terms of how much more you will notice in games.

And yes what happen behind you you hear from behind.
 
There's nothing like hearing a guy reload his gun while he's running up behind you.

You may have to get used to it.
I literally turned aorund a few times when I first got my 5.1's.
 
First, its all about budget and what you want out of the sound.

A great 2.1 setup trumps a cheap 5.1 setup.

A good 5.1 setup is better for gaming than a great 2.1 setup (if running EAX or other DSP).

A great 2.1 setup beats any computer based 5.1 setup available today for music.


Decide where your priorities are and decide from there.
 
bitching headphones like the Sennheiser 555 or 595 or audio technica ath ad700 airs or a900s will be a great option too. no "pc speaker" is as good as a real stereo or surround receiver setup.

the headphones are the cheapest route to awesome sound.

there's also alternatives to the x-fi btw. read the different posts here.
 
Back
Top