• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2.1-> 5.1 upgradable system

Jospeh

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
1,885
I want to build a 2.1 system now and upgrade to 5.1 later so I don't have to spend a lot of money all at once.
I don't have a set budget but lets say around 300-400$ for the upgradable 2.1 system.
 
How big is your space?
How many people are looking to entertain at once?
 
Pick up a receiver and a pair of bookshelf speakers and entry-level subwoofer off of eBay would be my suggestion. It's probably doable at $400.
 
Also... Spend most of money on a quality subwoofer.

For $400...
$250 on subwoofer
$100 on 2 speakers
$50 for a receiver on craigslist or eBay
 
dinlee23, he can't upgrade that to a 5.1 setup easily.
 
I assume he just suggested his own gear, lol.

i actually dont own any of those two lol i use AV40's for my PC and some JVC's for the TV :) theyr about as good as u can get for 400 dollars though... u can upgrade it to a 4.1 easily but ud be having troubly trying for a 5.1 setup since the sub doesnt have a center channel. if you really want a real 5.1 i suggest u get a reciever and some passive bookshelves and a real sub like those 1000 watters lol. itll cost you a grand but hey its worth it lol
 
Sorry guys I was quite busy lately. I don't need to cover a large area with this system. Mostly just personal gaming and such. Smallish room.

1. Why do you recommend spending most of the money on a subwoofer?

2. What about going for a 2.0 setup (same price range) and getting the subwoofer later?
 
Sorry guys I was quite busy lately. I don't need to cover a large area with this system. Mostly just personal gaming and such. Smallish room.

1. Why do you recommend spending most of the money on a subwoofer?

2. What about going for a 2.0 setup (same price range) and getting the subwoofer later?

+1 on getting a 2.0 setup and get a sub later

those cheap 2.1 setups like the z2300 have nothing on bookshelf speakers and a real sub
 
Back
Top