2.0-2.1 bookshelf style speakers for PCs?

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
I could just buy bookshelf speakers, but I'd need drivers/receivers, cables, converters all types of expensive mess. Just asking if anyone knows any small-medium speakers that look like bookshelf speakers but made for computers?

Got Swan M10s at the moment, looking for replacement w/ something brown/black, decent sound quality and a few inches within the same size. Thanks.

[H]adouken;1033602933 said:
I could just buy bookshelf speakers, but I'd need drivers/receivers, cables, converters all types of expensive mess. Just asking if anyone knows any small-medium speakers that look like bookshelf speakers but made for computers?

Got Swan M10s at the moment, looking for replacement w/ something brown/black, decent sound quality and a few inches within the same size. Thanks.

Lol? Do you just make up problems for yourself to worry about?

What's your budget?

Budget around $100, might push to $130-140 if it's worth it or looks good >=D.

I know it's low but I'm not an audio-freak looking for *AMAZING* sound or *CRAZY* bass, just need something that's good for gaming and movies.

I doubt with that budget that you'll get much, if any, an upgrade from the swans m10. The swans actually cost more than $100, lol, well, when I bought mine.

Whats wrong with the m10's? I love mine. They're great for everything, esp games and movies. I'm like you as well, I don't need amazing sound or pounding bass, and the swans deliver great/clean sound.

Is this just for aesthetics?

Yeah kind of, I'm giving these away to a friend and I'm remodeling my entire setup, so I've been looking at things that actually match the table I'm getting (dark brown) and the Swans don't cut it at all lol.

http://www.cerwinvega.com/VE5M.php
http://www.amazon.com/MTX-Monitor-2...ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232094042&sr=1-308
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-B1000...1?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1232083336&sr=1-1

I like those, don't know if they're any good, but would probably have no clue how to hook it up to a computer, and will probably end up not getting them :(

I also like these non-bookshelf looking speakers, but no clue if they are worth the money:

http://www.amazon.com/Xps-2-1-50-Sp...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232093536&sr=1-40

(as you can see I'm trying to get good looking speakers w/ decent sound and price)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Lol? Do you just make up problems for yourself to worry about?

What's your budget?

Sorry for butting in here but, you wouldn't believe how many posts I make around the internet making up problems for me to worry about, and when I finally figure them fully out I usually don't even attempt it, but when I made the post I was full intent on doing it. Just felt like saying this lol

I have the Klipsch Pro Media Ultra 2.0's (which are discontinued, got them for 100$) but they are the best sounding computer speakers I heard, I was going to replace them with Swan m10s actually a few months ago but decided not to, I heard the swans are better though, why do you want to upgrade again? lol

Sorry for butting in here but, you wouldn't believe how many posts I make around the internet making up problems for me to worry about, and when I finally figure them fully out I usually don't even attempt it, but when I made the post I was full intent on doing it. Just felt like saying this lol

I have the Klipsch Pro Media Ultra 2.0's (which are discontinued, got them for 100$) but they are the best sounding computer speakers I heard, I was going to replace them with Swan m10s actually a few months ago but decided not to, I heard the swans are better though, why do you want to upgrade again? lol

err, i'm going to have to disagree with the klipsch recommendation. i have those speakers, and i think they're pretty darn annoying. i just always assumed they were the lowest-tier of klipsch's line, didnt know they go for $100. everytime i adjust the volume knob, the speakers static/hisses, and the computer sound is completely cut out until you stop adjusting. at times, i have to knock the speakers a bit because the left channel sometimes cuts to 1/5th volume for some reason, probably a bad connection somewhere. to be honest, i thought they were pretty poorly made.. but then again, i have a grudge against klipsch because they wont fix promedia 5.1 amps for free when it's out of warranty - they charge ridiculous prices even though it's a design flaw/fault on their parts.

[H]adouken;1033606827 said:
No one will recommend me the MS20s!?

The MS20 will be ok, but I think you will be missing out alot when you go from the MS40 to MS20. Unless you're REALLY on a tight budget, I would go the MS40.

Do you own the MS20 yourself to say that it's worse? Does the MS40 hook up to a computer easily? Particularly X8 boards & i7 builds?

My one thing bugging me is if the MS40s will be huge, need to see a size reference next to a can of soda or something.

[H]adouken;1033607095 said:
Do you own the MS20 yourself to say that it's worse? Does the MS40 hook up to a computer easily? Particularly X8 boards & i7 builds?

My one thing bugging me is if the MS40s will be huge, need to see a size reference next to a can of soda or something.

No, I haven't heard the MS20 myself, only the MS40. The only reason I say that the MS20 will be lacking is because the biggest benefit I liked about the MS40 is the loud, somewhat muddy but fun, bassy, and forward sound signature. In contrast, Swans are laid back, warm, detailed, and light on bass. Now, if you lose some of the good parts of the MS40 (bassy, loud), which, technically speaking, should happen since you are getting smaller speaker drivers, then why the hell are you getting the MSX0? Might as well get the Swans.

I don't see how hooking up the MS40 to the i7 boards will be different from hooking up to any other board.

By volume, the MS40 is about 12 soda cans. 2 cans height, 2 cans width, 3 cans depth. Approximately the same as most studio monitors.

Swan active desktop speakers are on sale http://www.theaudioinsider.com/index.php/loudspeakers/swan-active-desktop/cPath/21_24 (I know I posted this in another thread.... I'm just a Swans fanboy)

I have the D1080MKII (now $125 + $10 shipping) and they are great 2.0 speakers - even at low volume. They are sooo good... they revealed a memory deficiency on my older PC, and I had to go buy more ram in order to resolve the random popping noises.

My new pc is an i7 build... the EVGA x58 mobo has HiDef audio onboard, but I have my HT Omega Claro Plus audio card that I'm not willing to part with yet. The EVGA X58 was one of the very few that would let me run Crossfire x2 and not block a PCI slot for the audio card.

Back