• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

1U cases

devin_m

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
199
I'm building a couple servers to have colo'd but I can't find appropriate 1U server chassis does anyone have any suggestions?

The motherboards I already have are as follows:
Supermicro X7DWA-N
Intel S5000XVN

One issue I'm going to run into is neither of these have onboard video as I was going to build workstations with them but have decided to go another route.
 
You're going to have a tough time finding a 1U case that will accommodate either. The rear IO plate (apart from normally being fixed and not removable) will not fit something as tall as a triple stack of audio jacks as far as I know.
 
Some Supermicro 1Us do have backplates that you can unscrew. That would probably be your best shot if anything.
 
Back
Top