• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

1U 8x3.5" HDD server case?

vecctor

n00b
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
16
Does anyone know where I could get a 1U rackmount case that holds 8+ 3.5" HDDs?

I've found full systems that can do it, but not an empty case.

Seagate makes a NAS with this configuration - fits dual PSU, microATX mobo, and 8 drives:

http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_business_storage_8bay_rackmount_nas_review
http://us.hardware.info/reviews/499...t-nas-review-8-disks-in-1u-rack-two-rows-wide

Supermicro makes one with 12:

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/supermicro-seagate-kinetic-jbod-object,1-2657.html
http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1u/k1048/ssg-k1048-rt.cfm

But both those are full systems, and I'd like to throw in my own hardware instead.
 
That is a nice little box - great for a home media server.

But yeah rackmount is needed. Basically the only thing keeping this 2U build from being a 1U build is that it has 6 hard drives and most 1U cases only hold 4. I'm planning on collocating it, so smaller is (usually) cheaper.
 
Back
Top