1TB Samsung 840 Evo for $359 @ newegg

jmmahon1224

Weaksauce
Newegg.com Shows as a preorder, available 11/28 but the email confirmation looks good. $359 for 1 TB Evo MZ-7TE1T0BW. Have to use that link, just searching doesn't yield same result.

Last edited:
Great! This is what I was waiting for.

Do you guys think this will drop even more on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Yeah, I think I'll bite as well and try to use that $15 off with Google wallet. Still won't cover taxes unfortunately!

In for 1. Thought about 2, but already have a 500GB Evo in my machine that's only half full. 1.5TB of SSD goodness will be nice. :)

Thanks, OP!

That's within $2 of the lowest deal I've seen on the drive, and the previous offer required using Newegg thru Ebay and having a coupon that was only mailed to certain people.

That's assuming you use the Google Wallet discount on this.

Great! This is what I was waiting for.

Do you guys think this will drop even more on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Probably not in the next few weeks or before Xmas, but they will probably drop again at some point before they go EOL since the 850 EVO are coming out soon.

Great drives though, I paid about $400 each for them a few months ago, just make sure you run the performance restoration tool and firmware update before you start actively using it just so you don't have to do it later.

About half way down the page:
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/us/html/support/downloads.html

Great performance in RAID0 though, 1600MB/s seq. reads, 1200MB/s seq. writes. Silky smooth gaming even in games with a lot of texture streaming and random I/O like MMOs. :)

Funny how far we've come with SSD storage though, I remember paying this much 5 years ago for my 160GB X-25M, which is still going strong today!

Can you preorder from the newegg android app? Mine is greyed out.

...Great drives though, I paid about $400 each for them a few months ago, just make sure you run the performance restoration tool and firmware update before you start actively using it just so you don't have to do it later.

About half way down the page:
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/us/html/support/downloads.html

Great performance in RAID0 though, 1600MB/s seq. reads, 1200MB/s seq. writes. Silky smooth gaming even in games with a lot of texture streaming and random I/O like MMOs. :)...

I appreciate the information!

Yeah it's crazy how quickly tech advances and cost drops.

Can you preorder from the newegg android app? Mine is greyed out.

I was unable to preorder from the iOS app - greyed out as well (was trying the $15 off workaround).

just imagine four of these suckers in raid 0, we're talking about average speeds of 1.2GBps here folks.

just imagine four of these suckers in raid 0, we're talking about average speeds of 1.2GBps here folks.

Yeah it depends on the host controller though, on Intel native Z87 and X99 I get 1.6GB/s seq read and 1.2GB/s seq write speeds. Oddly however, running asynchronous #'s (stick to even pairs, no odd #s) results in reduced speeds, which shouldn't be a huge surprise I guess given the parallel nature of RAID0.

At these prices, I decided going multi-SSD RAID0 was a better alternative than trying to do a ramdisk given how expensive DDR4 is and how much larger games are now. You'd need at least 64GB of RAM now for ~12GB for system and ~50GB for a single game.

Just wanted to note it is the same price on Amazon with Prime.

NOTE: I don't know how to make sure that is a sponsored link for [H]ardOCP, so if you want to do them a solid, go to the sponsored links thread. and just search for the drive from there.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Depends on your priorities..

Mostly want something that will last for this size. Speed difference probably not noticeable but dont want it to noticeably slow down either. Buy mostly used for games

Thinking of getting one of these for my CD quality music collection.

Mostly want something that will last for this size. Speed difference probably not noticeable but dont want it to noticeably slow down either. Buy mostly used for games

Any of them will last. The Intel is designed with enterprise roots, with extreme write endurance and great performance consistency. It's also got power loss protection.

The EVO is a good consumer drive for the masses that uses some clever strategies to get by with lower quality NAND. Go read Anand reviews for both.

Back