1TB OS/main drive suggestions?

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
So I'm in the market for a new SSD. Currently on a Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB but it's time to up the space. I'm thinking a 1TB is the best solution right now until larger sizes hit a similar price point.

SATA would be preferred as I am on a semi dated motherboard (MSI Z77A-GD55) and I don't plan on upgrading from my current setup until this board takes a dive, or something truly worth the investment comes up, whichever comes first.

The plan is to dual boot Win7 and Win10 (Just not ready to make a full commitment yet) and have just my most common programs on it. I won't commit to Win10 until I am confident that I like it.

Budget wise I'd like to stay around the $250 mark, but i will go up to 300 if the performance or longevity difference is there.

What do you guys suggest?

i know you wanted under $300 but the 850 evo 1tb was like $309 on amazon.

Decided to go with the Crucial MX200 for $274. (current offering on Amazon) The 850 Evo was tempting but unless there's a night and day difference in performance between them, I can't justify the price difference when my priority is just more SSD storage space. I am already impressed with my very dated SSD, so at this point anything new and shiny is probably faster, either through raw numbers or the butt dyno.

Thanks for the help. I figured I'd end up getting the Crucial anyway, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on something.

Crucial is actually sending me a MX200 500gb drive because my m550 just died. I recently bought a Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD. I'm only using it for games but i did a quick benchmark and it is doing baout 550mb/s in reads and 415mb/s writes not bad for 1tb costing $237 on amazon.

Hopefully I won't have that same experience, but in the event I do, I will keep the Mushkin in mind.

i have only had the mushkin for about 4 or 5 days. The crucial m550 i had for almost a year and half died when i tried running their sanitizing option in their storage executive software.

The Crucial RMA experience was fantastic though. they were super nice on phone and I was able to do an Advanced RMA.

Back