1TB HD - Fry's B&M $59.99

I was pulling 70+MB/s to/from this & my 640AAKS over eSATA.

Not amazing, but nice for a 'Green' backup drive.

My 3-platter EACS was doing 77MB/s average vs. 87MB/s average with a 640AALS with both on SATA. Not too shabby! The AALS mostly killed it on access times.

I went to the Downers Grove, IL location to pick up two or four of these tonight. I was told they sold out on Saturday. They also had a note taped up where the drive was stating that the ad in the local paper was incorrect and that it was only 1 per customer and not 2 as advertised.

Guess I'll just wait until this price comes around again.ds

I went to the Downers Grove, IL location to pick up two or four of these tonight. I was told they sold out on Saturday. They also had a note taped up where the drive was stating that the ad in the local paper was incorrect and that it was only 1 per customer and not 2 as advertised.

Guess I'll just wait until this price comes around again.ds

Thanks, I was going to head over there tonight.

hope u guys are checking these things out before u rely on them. i bought 2 had one go bad. probably moved a terabyte or more on and off it, and it failed while doing a surface scan. now whatever pc its plugged into wont even get past boot. hope they got a few left at the local frys!

hope u guys are checking these things out before u rely on them. i bought 2 had one go bad. probably moved a terabyte or more on and off it, and it failed while doing a surface scan. now whatever pc its plugged into wont even get past boot. hope they got a few left at the local frys!

WHS is hitting right now as we speak. So far so good. Either way it is a mirror drive so if it croaks, I still have 28 days to switch it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Out of Stock at all 3 Fry's in Houston, Tx. I got the last one at the Hwy 59 location.

Picked one up yesterday at the Frys in South Arlington in the DFW area of Texas.

i got my replacement, so i guess ill mention that duluth ga frys had 6 left yesterday, and the alpheretta store had "a bunch" left.

Back