I was on Overclocking.net, I think, reading a guide to AMD overclocking, as I've been stuck at 225HTT*10 on my X2 3800+ and A8N-SLI Premium for a week or so. It's alright, a 10% overclock is nice, but I'm wondering if it's just my luck of the draw or if I can go further.
In the Memory section of their guide, they suggest that the memory always be at 1T. I looked: mine's at 2T. I haven't changed it (I don't know very much about memory, and I don't really want to screw anything up at this point). My question is, is 1T necessary/advised for a better overclock, and what will it do to/for my system? I have Corsair ValueSelect RAM, two 512 sticks at 2.5-3-3-8, which are both clocked slightly above normal (they register as PC3500 in Everest, since they're at 1:1 with the HTT at 220, whatever that makes the RAM...), and so far I've had no troubles at all.
Should I try it? What's the difference between 1T and 2T? Otherwise, are there any other ideas for my overclock? I believe my system's in my sig...if not, I'll put it there. [Edit] Put my system in my sig. Read down a couple posts.
Thanks in advance.
In the Memory section of their guide, they suggest that the memory always be at 1T. I looked: mine's at 2T. I haven't changed it (I don't know very much about memory, and I don't really want to screw anything up at this point). My question is, is 1T necessary/advised for a better overclock, and what will it do to/for my system? I have Corsair ValueSelect RAM, two 512 sticks at 2.5-3-3-8, which are both clocked slightly above normal (they register as PC3500 in Everest, since they're at 1:1 with the HTT at 220, whatever that makes the RAM...), and so far I've had no troubles at all.
Should I try it? What's the difference between 1T and 2T? Otherwise, are there any other ideas for my overclock? I believe my system's in my sig...if not, I'll put it there. [Edit] Put my system in my sig. Read down a couple posts.
Thanks in advance.