1st WU

bleed3r

Limp Gawd
Yay, after running F@h for about a month for about 9 hours a day when my computer is on I completed my first WU today. Gogo Pentium II 266!

User bleeder
Team [H]ardOCP (id # 33)
Score 18 (certificate)
User Rank 227746 :cool:
WU 1 (certificate)

To the first of many! Now go out and get yourself a better computer :eek: ;)

FOLD ON!!!

Every one unit counts..Nice job.

Keep it going

BillR

Congrats on the WU!

I don't want to spoil your party, but I'd keep an eye on that computer and the time limits of the WU's. If you're only running a PII266 for 9 hours a day, you're probably going to run into a few that won't make the cutoff. You can check this page if you're interested in the time limits of your WU.

hmm looks at his old 233 laptop that kid is using wonder if it would turn in a work unit or two .. LOL :D

There's no way that machine meets the cutoff time running only nine hours a day :(

Good work on the first WU, though.

Originally posted by The[H]uman
hmm looks at his old 233 laptop that kid is using wonder if it would turn in a work unit or two .. LOL :D
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes...if you fold 24/7. Is the electricity worth it? That's up to you.

Originally posted by mwarps
There's no way that machine meets the cutoff time running only nine hours a day :(
It will if he specifies a preference for G@H WUs. There's no deadline. ;)

But somehow he managed to turn in a P563 with a deadline of 5 days. :confused:

Maybe he worked on a bunch of other WUs which never made the deadlines. :confused:

ChelseaOilman
300000.gif
80000.gif

Originally posted by Mattman
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes...if you fold 24/7. Is the electricity worth it? That's up to you.

well considering it's on 24/7 anyway in my kids room i gues letting folding on it wouldn't hurt it's running all the time anyway cause they leave it on when they aren't surfing the web on it ;)

I thought I would be too slow to make the deadline, but everytime It started up on the same WU so I thought it was all good. But does that mean it expired so the folding was useless but I got points for the 1 WU still? :confused:

It will if he specifies a preference for G@H WUs. There's no deadline.
If G@h has no deadline did it get a WU for it and thats why it didnt expire? If so I'll set a preference for it.

I just finished my first WU too!:)
I sat staring at the screen for the last 45 minutes so I could watch it send the information------AND IT DID!
It was that big ass Tinker p638_L639_K12_ext , 400 frames for 70.9 pts. Took about 5 days on a P3 850.
I'm already working on the next one, p563_bba5_ext. A Gromacs one so my -forcesse is working apparantly.
This is a hoot.

Back