1st thing you do with a new card?

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
The first thing I do with a new card is see if it works right, Then I rip into it and take it apart and make it better :eek:

What do you do first?

whats the first thing I do with a new video card?

well, I install it of course. :D

<Mr. T's voice> I then O/C that sucka fool! <Mr. T's voice>

Yank that bitch out the box, make sweet sweet love to it, clean off the spooge and then install it.

Gaze at it lovingly...talk to to it in soothing tones "sweet baby gonna boot right up and run fast for daddy aren't you" Then I gently insert her into her new home and then feed her some power and drivers. <3

lemme see with this card I... installed, 3dmark2001ed, OCed, 3dmark2003, CSed... and then I softmodded, 3dmark200xed it, re-OCed it, played more CS and then went out and bought Fac cry. :D

~Adam

i oced and did softmods to my BFG6800GTOC the first 2 min of it being in my machine

Chix4mat said:
Install 3D mark progs, updated drivers. Then overclock it.
same here and ive finally found my peak OC which is below max right now because of throttling :(

OPUS1 said:
The first thing I do with a new card is see if it works right, Then I rip into it and take it apart and make it better :eek:

What do you do first?

Pretty much same. Rip it apart, put waterblock on core, put copper HS on memories. Flash bios and play with it... :)

first thing i did with this latest card (6800gt) is take it apart. of course, i hadnt built my computer yet, or i would probably have installed it before trying to break it...

Look at it to see if I like it. Compare with my older video cards. Then install it and run it for a while before overclocking it to see it runs okay. Perhaps some 3DMARK at stock speeds. Then I overclock it. Don´t think I will change cooling and void my warranty on my 6800 ULTRA.

Back