• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1st Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 socket 775 install.

ninjaturtle

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
2,327
I been an AMD builder for many years using their ZIF sockets, but this is my first build with Intel's new cpu sockets.

Is it just me, when locking the load plate it feeling like the cpu might break?
 
it's been a few months, but I don't remember it being thaaat bad.

It should be tight though, needs to make sure all pins make solid connection, nothing loose and wobbly.
 
Just got the HS/F install, that was a bitch to do.
I think AMD AM2 socket was easier that this.
 
yes intel heatsink install/uninstall method sucks


but

intel owns AMD in performance =]

so its worth the extra hassle!
 
agree that it felt like you needed to put too much pressure when i installed my quad to socket. didnt feel right but it worked.
 
I get squeemish when putting down the 775 lever.
I've done it a few times now, and it's really painful. I'm just waiting for a loud *SNAP!* sound or something, like the CPU breaks in half.

Scary stuff, I hate doing it.

The clip method for HSF mounting on AMD is so much better than the backplate + screws that 775 uses.
Seriously it pisses me off. When I want to remove my TRUE, I have to completely take my mobo out of the case? Wow, that sucks.

It takes less than 5 seconds to install a standard AMD cooler.
Takes like 15 minutes for 775.
 
Everytime I push that lever down im thinking "this shit better POST".
 
I get squeemish when putting down the 775 lever.
I've done it a few times now, and it's really painful. I'm just waiting for a loud *SNAP!* sound or something, like the CPU breaks in half.

Scary stuff, I hate doing it.

The clip method for HSF mounting on AMD is so much better than the backplate + screws that 775 uses.
Seriously it pisses me off. When I want to remove my TRUE, I have to completely take my mobo out of the case? Wow, that sucks.

It takes less than 5 seconds to install a standard AMD cooler.
Takes like 15 minutes for 775.

I dont know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want a big beefy heatsink like the TRUE 120 to be held on by puny clips. Hell the heatsink I used for Socket 939 used the bolt through method too, and it was significantly smaller.
 
Back
Top