• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1st impression PC Power & coolin 510

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
1,766
Why don't people rate the importance of a strong PS as important as a good V card?
Thanks rant over.

Well installed,turned on and immediately turned it off.
Something wasn't right.
Checked everthing,
on again, then it hit me that old Enermax EG465P-VE /430wattt was loud :eek:
Got out the digi multi meter and checked the rails

12v = 12.13
5v = 5.15

AIDA32/MB sensor
12v = 11.98
5v = 5.08

With my Enermax I got readins 11.74 and 4.89

This makes me think that while different readings from the digi they are not to far off.
So maybe the MB is reporting accurate data !?

All I know is that this puppy is stable!
Gonna do some [H]igher Oclk and see if I can.Will post

GET YE ALL A GOOD POWER SUPPLY DAMIT.....NOW!
 
you forgot to mention that it seems to be made of Lead :p
 
OPUS1 said:
Why don't people rate the importance of a strong PS as important as a good V card?
Thanks rant over.

on again, then it hit me that old Enermax EG465P-VE /430wattt was loud :eek:
Got out the digi multi meter and checked the rails

Cause PS aren't sexy, that's why. :rolleyes: :mad:

People will spend $$$ on lighted fans, CCL and hours and hours modding a case, but when you suggest getting a good PS or horrror of horrors, a UPS they throw a shit-fit.
THEN they complain they can't get a good OC out of a system. :confused:

BTW are you saying your 510 is quiet? Because many other have said theirs is noisy. Just curious.
 
qdemn7 agreed.

Compared to my Enermax EG465P-VE /430watt this PCP&C puppy is quiet
and unless the Enermax is crapping out on me it couldn't power my rig the way this baby does.
 
I will have to agree with OPUS1, the PCP&C 510 is an awesome psu. I've had mine for about 8 or 9 months now. Still going strong and quiet. :)
 
Hey Bigshot,

Can you tell me if the braiding on the power leads from the PCP&C allows the cables to be bent easily. Specifically, right at the point where the wires are coming out of the power supply. I have a thread asking about this. My Lian Li V1000 case has some tight tolerances and my current Enermax PS has the main leads wrapped in stiff metal and plastic so it wont bend or fit well.

Thanks
 
They are in a tight plastic like webbing, wire mesh i guess you could call it. It is a little tricky to get a really tight bend in it because the wire leads are wrapped up seperate. But i think you will be able to make that turn ok. BTW those new Lian-Li cases are nice.
 
Thanks,

Well I am going to order the 510. Do you think it would be worth the extra 30 bucks to go with the deluxe?
 
Yeah go for the Deluxe Edition, you'll get the nicely wrapped cables and SATA power too. Plus it is a very nice flat black color.

Check your pm.
 
you also get externally adjustable voltages with the Deluxe, but you probably won't need to adjust them anyway. the non-deluxe has SATA cables as well.

they do go on sale from time to time. i got mine for $198 about 2 months ago.
 
Good eye felix on the point of the SATA and voltage regs. Didn't know the non-deluxe came with SATA.
 
darkjedi said:
Thanks,

Well I am going to order the 510. Do you think it would be worth the extra 30 bucks to go with the deluxe?
I don'y know if you're aware, but Frozen CPU offers a custome sleeving of the 510 Deluxe, as well as a "Modular" version also Perfromance PC offers the same service.
But the prices are very steep. The custom sleeved version as much as $300, modular version as much as $400. This is obviously only for the most extravagant, but worth it if you don't like the standard black sleeving / molex. As far as I'm aware it's impossible to remove the SATA molex without cutting the wires.
 
Does anyone have any experience with ordering a custom PCP&C 510, such as prices, how you tell them what you want, etc? They don't make any of that clear at all on their website.
 
There are, however, IDC-style crimp-on SATA connectors. If you search in this forum, there is a link to one back somewhere. Ice czar, you have that link?
 
Sysjack said:
Does anyone have any experience with ordering a custom PCP&C 510, such as prices, how you tell them what you want, etc? They don't make any of that clear at all on their website.
I don't have any personal experience, but I know that others have had pretty good luck with custom orders. I'd say give them a call and ask...it can't hurt.
 
About the time I'm going to buy an OCZ p.s. I read a sorta bad thread on them and find this one. Now I gotta spend and extra 50 or so $ and get one.
 
You won't regret it!
It's worth every penny or Finn or Hamilton
Just call and tell them what you want!
 
Sysjack said:
Does anyone have any experience with ordering a custom PCP&C 510, such as prices, how you tell them what you want, etc? They don't make any of that clear at all on their website.

just give them a call and they'll custom build you a PSU. i'm sure it's not cheap, but you can request quite a few things.
 
Back
Top