1st gen macbook pro Won't install snow leopard

xCWolf

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a 1st gen macbook pro and after partitioning a flash drive to guid and installing a snow leopard DMG on the drive and doing the same on a dvd I can't get it to boot to either one. It does however recognize the DVD and flash drive inside the OS obviously I've held option on startup and held C on startup for CD boot. Im not sure what else to do here! Any suggestions would be great thanks guys!!

A model identifier would be a good start. Going into:
About this Mac
More Info
System Report

Underhardware it should say "Model Identifier"
It will list something like:
Macbook Pro 4,1

Did you restore the DMG to the DVD/flash drive or just copy the file to it? You need to restore the DMG to the drive in order to boot from it. You can also just run the DMG file from within an existing Mac OS install to upgrade.

so i tried to run the DMG inside 10.4.11 and it said it requires a restart than restarts and crashes. no how exactly do i restore the dmg to the drive? I went into powerISO and tried to make a bootable usb drive with the dmg through that

so i tried to run the DMG inside 10.4.11 and it said it requires a restart than restarts and crashes. no how exactly do i restore the dmg to the drive? I went into powerISO and tried to make a bootable usb drive with the dmg through that

Open up Disk Utility on the Mac. Put in a USB drive or blank DVD with enough space. Open up the DMG within Disk Utility and tell it to "Restore" to your desired media. That media will now be bootable, just hold down Option as the Mac boots to get a device selector.

OK cool thanks! I'm trying this now and will let ya know what happens.

Back