1st gaming computer, which case?

lingding

n00b
Hey guys, I'm about to build a gaming rig but I'm stuck on which case to buy. It's between these two, both are on New egg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811182563 - this one is a Codegen and this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811147001- is a Rosewill. This will be my first time building a computer and the Rosewill case has the best customer rating. I also was looking at the Lian li v1000 - 2000 plus models but I don't like the window being on the right side. Plus the wheels on the bottom are strange but other than that I'd get the lian li, and suggestions? After reading a lot of the posts I trust you guys with my money!!!!! hahah. anyway, just tell me what you think. Thanks

Antec P180 rocks. But I have a Lian Li PC 60 its a mid tower case, truth be told I would like a bit more space but I really dig the case, great build quality removeable mobo tray. real nice case

The V1xxx and the V2xxx are very nice cases, you can always remove the feet if you don't like them. The Antec P180 is very nice as well and so is the Lian Li PC-6X, they're all great cases, whichever one you go with is a good choice. If you like the look of the PC-6X but want more room, check out the PC-75.

You picked out two $50 generic cases but you're "looking" at $200 Lian Li V series cases? Which one is it?

I'll be realistic and suggest anything from the Antec Solution series line (SLK3000, SLK3700) or anything from Coolermaster's Cavalier (3) or Centurion (5) line, in your price range.

Dont do the same mistake as i did 3 years ago when i went through 3 Cheap and Generic cases and at the end ended up geting a Lian Li and never looked back ;)

If I were you, I'd read reviews and find out which one has the best airflow. My first 21st Century gaming machine had a $30 SOYO case and always needed extra fans pulling and pushing air; very noisy.

Secondly, I'd check on which case is the quietest. If you can't sleep to the vacuum-like whirr of a PC, either turn it off at night, look around for silent cases, or find a case that takes 120mm fans (or larger). The larger the fan, the quieter it is, usually.

Antec SLK3000B, two 120mm fans is all you need, quiet and basic, very mod-able if you want. or just looks good left alone.

Yeah, I'd suggest anything Antec basically. Great cases, especially for their price and from the ones I tried out, very quiet too.

Agreed.

I assure you, space is of no issue in the PC-7x series cases :)

I had 12 drives in my PC-70 at one time :)

Don't let the size fool you. This is one extremely light case.

-Larry

Hexus0 said:
The V1xxx and the V2xxx are very nice cases, you can always remove the feet if you don't like them. The Antec P180 is very nice as well and so is the Lian Li PC-6X, they're all great cases, whichever one you go with is a good choice. If you like the look of the PC-6X but want more room, check out the PC-75.

Generally, I agree. However I've had some heat related issues with my Antec Sonata (Rev-1) and the Lian-Li PC60B-Plus to replace it is being delivered this morning.

-Larry

daedal said:
Yeah, I'd suggest anything Antec basically. Great cases, especially for their price and from the ones I tried out, very quiet too.

I'd go with a Lian-Li or a Cooler Master case. Trust me, if you don't, it'll eat at you every time you see one :p

I'm still using an Antec 1080AMG which I've had since they came out, and let me tell you, it just hasn't been the same since building someone a system in a Lian-Li.

All good choices here. Another one not to forget, would be the silverstone Temjin 06. It houses 2 120mm fans, 1 80mm fan, and plenty of room for goodies. Wire management has never been easier in this case. (not to mention the semi-BTX standard). The little wind tunnel actually works on that case, to cool both CPU and memory. :)

Back