1st build, good setup?

Derekh

n00b
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
33
Multi tasking system

P4C 3.0 GHZ
Asus p4p800 deluxe
ATI Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
1GB Mushkin Level One DDR PC 3500
Santa Cruz sound card (have plantronics DSP-500 headphones with a built in sound card so I don't need anything fancy, I barely use my speakers)

Got 3 fans with the case, bought 5 coolermaster 80mm fans for extra (will do watercooled next system)

160GB + 60GB Harddrives
Samsung floppy
Liteon CDRW


Is this decent for a first build? (I already have everything)
 
yep not bad at all mate.!
How are the DSP-500. I was planning the buy a pair but I was hesitating between them and teh Zalman 5.1 headphones!
 
I love my dsp-500's, I've tried alot of headphones and nothing has compaired to these, I play tons of games and haven't had problems in any of them.

In counterstrike you can hear people half map away.

Great for music/movies also

If you are willing to dish the $ out for them, I would say do it, only 70$ at newegg and they carry a warranty if they break, plantronics will replace them with free overnight shipping ect.
 
My Raidmax case I purchased came with a 430W PSU, so I suppose I will be using that.
 
Originally posted by Koslov
yep not bad at all mate.!
How are the DSP-500. I was planning the buy a pair but I was hesitating between them and teh Zalman 5.1 headphones!

I have DSP-400s. Not as big, and collapsable. I know some people have had them break... not me. I've had mine for about 8 months. The best part is they're USB and have (i think) simulated 5.1 built in. :)
 
Back
Top