1Million+ hits/day hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

alderweis

Weaksauce
Anyone know of a credible host that can handle 1Million+ hits a day?

For a client, they are concerned about hosting limitations.

I've heard of bandwidth (bytes over time) limits, but never request (hits per time) limits.

Maybe a dedicated server? theplanet.com is reputable for those. We have our through liquidweb.com and have been more than happy with them.

I'm looking into mediatemple.com. A slew of high end design sites use (mt) - they seem to be pretty serious. I'm pretty sure that there's not a restirction on hits/visits a day, just bandwidth usage.

Hurricane Electric, www.he.net
they run their own network, have co-location, well managed servers, etc, no idea how they compare price wise though

Who's hosting hardforum? Too lazy to follow all the whois, hardforum has dns with ckmdesign.com, didn't go further from there.
Edit: nvm, found that hardforum is hosted by theplanet

Where do you get this number of 1M hits/day? That's a _lot_ of traffic.

ameoba said:
Where do you get this number of 1M hits/day? That's a _lot_ of traffic.
1M unique hits is a lot of traffic, 1M hits isn't really.
I run a message board that has about 4k registered users (perhaps 1.5k really active ones) and I am in the 200k hits a month range, add a few more users and 1M is totally possible.

There's a pretty huge difference between 200,000 hits a month and 1,000,000 hits a day.

Jason Isom said:
There's a pretty huge difference between 200,000 hits a month and 1,000,000 hits a day.

Yeah; a factor of about 150!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back