1GB pc2100 Registered ECC $85

moetop

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone with a server, you may want to up that memory. I caught this one off of Bens...

Outpost has 1Gb chips of registered ECC PC2100 for $85. While this is a OK price for pc2100 adding registered and ECC for us server guys means this is a great deal.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3131960

Wow! Nice find. Two sticks of that would go a long way to helping keep my rendering system viable for another couple of years.

hmmm anything deaper than the front page at outpost is timeing out....
did this get slashdoted or something?

yay... 4 sticks on the way to me....
dual mp dv systems all going to 1.5gb from 512mb :D

If I wasnt sure UPS would screw me with brokerage fees and some other kinda bogus fee for crossing the border to Canada, I would buy that....Anyone in Canada have experience from outpost and their shipping?

Whew. When I went to order earlier Outpost was having issues. It appears to be working once again and I have two sticks on order.

Would this be good for a PC Im thinking of building?
I may buy a hp presario for $500ish instead tho. Im undecided

If it supports ECC Registered then ya it would work, but I wouldent buy it expecting it to work generaly.. Most PC's sold now are going to use pc3200 or ddr2 not pc2100. This could work on a system that can use pc2100 generaly, but i wouldent count on it..

Mostly ECC, registered is for servers. (Notice I say mostly, so dont flame me)

garry26 said:
Would this be good for a PC Im thinking of building?
I may buy a hp presario for $500ish instead tho. Im undecided

moetop said:
If it supports ECC Registered then ya it would work, but I wouldent buy it expecting it to work generaly.. Most PC's sold now are going to use pc3200 or ddr2 not pc2100. This could work on a system that can use pc2100 generaly, but i wouldent count on it..

Mostly ECC, registered is for servers. (Notice I say mostly, so dont flame me)
hot deal for the dual AMD people we have (AXPs, that is)..

Right right right. I didnt notice it wasnt ddr. Guess its still too early to be dreaming of viable $100 1GB ddr sticks

Well it is DDR,, but not DDR2, nor or a speed great enough for most PC's sold right this second.

moetop said:
Well it is DDR,, but not DDR2, nor or a speed great enough for most PC's sold right this second.
You forgot the most important part.

That this is a great price for those who need registered ecc pc2100

;)

Oh yeah, got mine today but I have to wait until after work or tomorrow morning before I can try them out in my Athlon MP system. I will try to post then a report then.

Back