-=PESTILENCE=-
Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 10, 2004
- Messages
- 931
Hey, I recently bought a 1950CF card from the egg and its working great. I didn't look at any of the packaging in depth when I got it cus i was in a rush to put it in my case before a Lan. Anyways, I decided to look at everything in the box and low and behold, there is a dongle/adapter i have never seen b4. It's purple, has a DVI male connector on one side, and then 3 ports on the other side, labeled by color - green, blue, and red. Now, I come to reaad online that this is a component HDTV adapter.
I'm goign to be purchasing the Wii when it comes out and was hoping I could figure out a way to hook it up with my Acer 2423 24" LCD monitor. Question is, is this possible? I have a 1950xtx coming my way with the HD dongle [the actual wires, not a dvi adapter]. So I'm wondering if I could have the vivo dongle coming out of my 1950xtx and send the signal to this HDTV adapter, and plug the adapter into my monitor. Would this work? I'm really new to all this HD stuff and I'm just looking for a nice way to play the Wii on my lcd monitor. I know one major problem is that my monitor is only DVI/VGA. It doesn't ahve any other ports on it.
Well, thanks in advance.
I'm goign to be purchasing the Wii when it comes out and was hoping I could figure out a way to hook it up with my Acer 2423 24" LCD monitor. Question is, is this possible? I have a 1950xtx coming my way with the HD dongle [the actual wires, not a dvi adapter]. So I'm wondering if I could have the vivo dongle coming out of my 1950xtx and send the signal to this HDTV adapter, and plug the adapter into my monitor. Would this work? I'm really new to all this HD stuff and I'm just looking for a nice way to play the Wii on my lcd monitor. I know one major problem is that my monitor is only DVI/VGA. It doesn't ahve any other ports on it.
Well, thanks in advance.