• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

1950 AGP issues with 1080p

Sunin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2008
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
3,421
Help make me a full on ATI junky. I'm having a problem with running the above card at 1080p when in that mode it displays a 2inch band on my Sharp Aquos 52 inch. My 7800 GS did not have this issue and was able to do full 1080p no glitches. Now the kicker... drop the refresh down to 30hz (IE 1080i) and walla full panel display once again.

I think I'm going to try a custom refresh at 65hz.. the Aquos display is good for 75hz.

Any thoughts on what I might try?
 
Sunin said:
Help make me a full on ATI junky. I'm having a problem with running the above card at 1080p when in that mode it displays a 2inch band on my Sharp Aquos 52 inch. My 7800 GS did not have this issue and was able to do full 1080p no glitches. Now the kicker... drop the refresh down to 30hz (IE 1080i) and walla full panel display once again.

I think I'm going to try a custom refresh at 65hz.. the Aquos display is good for 75hz.

Any thoughts on what I might try?

does 30mhz hurt the eye?
 
Hmmm 30 mhz would be like what 3,000 frames per second... lol 30 hz I'm not sure I noticed it did not seem as vibrant as 1080p I'm going to play with the setting now and see what works.
 
Sunin said:
Hmmm 30 mhz would be like what 3,000 frames per second... lol 30 hz I'm not sure I noticed it did not seem as vibrant as 1080p I'm going to play with the setting now and see what works.


haha, my mistake. you know what i meant :p how does 720 reso work?
 
I figured out the solution to this. Go into the Catalyst thing, go to 3D override on refresh, bump that to 70hz, then open up the 3d menu in the catalyst menu and it pushes the system out of the 1920x1080x60hz mode and the funny thing... it stays there...

Now the annoying thing I have to do each time is open up catalyst as the comp starts, but after that, like for instance as I am typing you this I am using the whole panel even though this is in no way shape or forum a 3d application! So I found an acceptable work around. Things are soo much clearer when at the native resolution of the Sharp Aquos 52, now don't get me wrong it does a helluva job with lesser resolutions, it is just very noticeable when it can map pixel to pixel.

Side note for all you 1080p users... some refreshes, IE on my LCD 70hz woudl cause intermitten lockups... I switched to 75hz and walla no more lockups.. system has been solid for nearly 2hrs of 6xAA oblivion play.
 
Ok further information on perfecting this technique. Before everytime you would have to open up catalyst etc... well I found a way around that. When the 3d override hits, IE forces your panel to 75hz, right click on desktop, go to properties, then select monitor, under there you will now have an option for 75hz... Note: Only 30/60 hz showed before. Select 75hz hit apply, reboot and walla it comes up in the 1080p override mode without having to open up a thing. You can now remove the 3d override and enjoy your 1080p panel being pushed to the limits of what your CPU can provide...

Notice I say CPU, because even a mild overclock of 10% boosts the GPU output by over 5%. This AGP card is being limited by my 3.2EE. I have a SL8JZ on its way that hopefully (crossing fingers on getting a good OC) I can force to 4ghz on air. Then I will OC the memory, I have G.skill memory with very tight timings 2.3.2.5. I've already had this memory at 320mhz or 640 effective and it is only 400 DDR. Unless I'm incorrect the core memory is 200mhz each stick, doubling to 400. Thus that is a significant OC on the memory. Anyways... I trail from the original topic...
 
Back
Top