1920x1200 new monitor demo

RedShark

[H]ard|Gawd
My parents just bought all the parts for a new computer, including a 24" Samsung 245T monitor, and I'll be setting it up for them in a couple weeks. I'm looking for some ideas for demos that show off their new system. They don't own a high def TV yet, nor do they have any HD-DVD/BluRay capability, so I'm really just looking for downloadable media or programs.

One thing that would be fun to watch are the 1080P demos available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

Does anyone have any other suggestions of things that will make them go "wow!" :) It will have a Radeon 3870 video card, so I'd imagine there are some good 3D demos for that too.

Hey - thanks for posting these. 1080p looks friggin' awesome on my 245BW!

SCHWEET.

Thanks for the link... cool stuff, and they actually look pretty damn good on my cheap ass VA1912wb:)

Dammit :) I'm glad you're all finding it useful, but is there anything else out there? :p

MS seriously amazes me with all the stuff they have at there site, there a million nifty tools and pieces of software that I find everyday.

Great stuff. It was hitching on my laptop, but I forgot I was running it underclocked and undervolted (1ghz). I quickly bumped it up to 1.83ghz and it ran flawlessly.

It's an .exe file, which helps you unzip it to the folder you want. I guess most people don't know what to do with a .zip file?

It was hitching on my PC here, though it's probably because of this x1300 graphics card that I'm using....it helped somewhat to set the priority to "high" on task manager.

Any ideas?

But for what worked, it looked nice! :)

It was hitching on my PC here, though it's probably because of this x1300 graphics card that I'm using....it helped somewhat to set the priority to "high" on task manager.

Any ideas?

But for what worked, it looked nice! :)

Playing large format movies is all about hard disk I/O throughput.

What is your disk situation?

^ Lets see....the movie was running from a 250 GB hard drive (7200 RPM, SATA).

Is this only the case because its from the hard drive, and running a dvd depends on the speed of the dvd drive (hence no laggy hitching)?

Processing + memory usage + GPU power = difference between a good playback experience or a bad one.

there are a good many user posted videos on the divx website the last time I looked.

Back