1920x1200 IPS ASUS VS24AH-P $216 Amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Snagged, I can't stand 1080p comptroller monitors. Wife's going to murder me, I can get about $100 for our older HP at least.

I wanted to buy one so bad, but this close to holiday season for myself isn't a good idea.

I'm holding out for 4k displays to get better/cheaper or a killer price on a 1440p monitor before I ditch my 24" 1080p.

Built in speakers FTL ;)

Faster Than Light? For The Loss?

I'm not familiar with the acronym or the context. I get that you don't purchase these types of monitors for the built in speakers. It's not my purchase, it's a purchase for a family member and that's an important part of her criteria, right or not. It's frustrating because I can't seem to grab a straight answer from the reviews, comments and YT. Conflicting information...

She's more willing to make the purchase if the monitor in question has built in speakers, crap or not. By having to add speakers to the monitor, read: additional cost, she's less interested despite the outstanding display quality. Family is rarely rational...

Nice price.. To bad 16:10 tho :-(
Why would you not want a 16:10? 16:9 (esp 1080p) monitors drive me nuts, too wide and not enough screen space. I am so glad that my 16:10 monitor is still kicking as most new ones are expensive.

I went ahead and ordered up two of these. I had been looking at them the week before and saw that they were on sale. Had to pull the trigger. They'll replace my aging SOYO Topaz S and a POS secondary monitor I have.

Everybody has their preferences, but I can't stand loosing those 120 extra pixels vertically. I have been on 1920x1200 for too long at home and at work. 120 extra pixels does help a little bit with web development and page layout.

I wanted to buy one so bad, but this close to holiday season for myself isn't a good idea.

I'm holding out for 4k displays to get better/cheaper or a killer price on a 1440p monitor before I ditch my 24" 1080p.

I've been rocking Samsung 245BW's for 7 years, they are dull in color but they work. Once 4k hits a reasonable price (the same as what a 1080 cost now) i'll upgrade. I give it another 2 years, 3 at most.

Got mine in from NE (Amazon charges me tax). This monitor is awesome! I use an older HP IPS monitor that ran me like $500 several years ago and this one is every bit as nice at less than half the cost. Too bad the wife won't really appreciate the difference ><

I really like these monitors as well. Got them set up last night and love how bright they are. Haven't noticed any pixel issues so far either.

[21CW]killerofall;1040386185 said:
Why would you not want a 16:10? 16:9 (esp 1080p) monitors drive me nuts, too wide and not enough screen space. I am so glad that my 16:10 monitor is still kicking as most new ones are expensive.

Cause I prefer industry standard and wider views.

And 209.99 at the egg, too. Same as original egg link link. (239.99 - 30.00 coupon code)

BB

After having these and using them for about a week, I would highly recommend them to anyone on the brink of ordering. Good quality, bright, no significant backlight bleed (some, but can't get away with none in an IPS from what I have read), and the plus in my book 1920x1200 which is getting extremely hard to find. Haven't been able to fire up a game on them yet, so I can't give any feedback there. Should be just fine for some casual gaming. Videos seem to show less "ghosting" than my SOYO MVA panel did. Looks like 5ms GTG is not bad for an IPS either, compared to some of the others out there. Not saying these are the best, but for the money, they are great in my opinion.

Any guess if these are going to see another price drop for this next week?

Back