1920x1080 displays with 75Hz support (listing)

Guys, can recent Radeons handle 1920x1080 @ 75Hz with CRU (assuming that the display can do it though single-link DVI)?

Nice, so there's no reason why new ones couldn't do it (my screen has DP too).

Hi all, I am using manual timings to run my dual Dell U2311H at 75Hz.

I noticed that it runs fine with 72Hz and testing 75Hz works as well. But after applying it, everytime I restart my computer my secondary monitor will complain that resolution is not supported. It works fine for 72 Hz though. I have played with several different timings and same thing. Once at 75Hz the the second monitor will complain. Is there anyway to fix this?

Hi all, I am using manual timings to run my dual Dell U2311H at 75Hz.

I noticed that it runs fine with 72Hz and testing 75Hz works as well. But after applying it, everytime I restart my computer my secondary monitor will complain that resolution is not supported. It works fine for 72 Hz though. I have played with several different timings and same thing. Once at 75Hz the the second monitor will complain. Is there anyway to fix this?

I have the same problem with the same monitor. Powering the monitor off and back on again fixes it for me.

I have the same problem with the same monitor. Powering the monitor off and back on again fixes it for me.
UPDATE: I just got it fixed with the full nvidia patch for single link DVI. Works perfect now :)

UPDATE2: after more than 3 days restarting every now and then without problem. It reoccurred again.

Last edited:
BenQ GW2760 doing well at 72hz. There are artifacts at 75hz, but none at 74hz. Sticking with 72 as it's more common!

ge9WYIpivtr3RDGXl7inteqLZYXsYdoNT7SWrmUqrg0

Screenshot%202014-02-15%2017.31.36.png

Asus MX239H does 76Hz when using ToastyX's HDMI extension block thingy. No frame skipping.

76qbsz9.png

Hi,

I'm using nvidia control panel(default pixel settings, 178.0218 Mhz) to get 71.928hz but madvr reports 71.92740hz.

When i use Tup3x's settings i can get 71.928hz with madvr but when i turn it on the message saying "HDMI 1" flickers and i can hear eletronic noise, the noise goes way when the message disappears.

Is there a way to get 71.928hz on madvr without my screen acting wierd?

So I got this new Acer GN246HL 24 inch monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 but working on my computer at 60Hz. ( I bought 3 and installed just one for now )

My graphic card is a ATI Radeon 7970 HD Series, and from what I have read, it should support up to 120Hz even though my monitor has a max of 144Hz.

Now, my computer tells me that I can only select 75Hz but changing my resolution to 1280x1024, which is not something I want.

I`m no nooby in computers but defenely no pro as well. So I come here humble asking for some help if anyone knows how to get my monitor at a higher Hz status such as 75 120 or even 144.

I`d appreciate any valuable comment.

P.S. If there is any information I can give in order to speed things up, feel free to ask and I`ll gladly answer.

Thank you.

So I got this new Acer GN246HL 24 inch monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 but working on my computer at 60Hz. ( I bought 3 and installed just one for now )

My graphic card is a ATI Radeon 7970 HD Series, and from what I have read, it should support up to 120Hz even though my monitor has a max of 144Hz.

Now, my computer tells me that I can only select 75Hz but changing my resolution to 1280x1024, which is not something I want.

I`m no nooby in computers but defenely no pro as well. So I come here humble asking for some help if anyone knows how to get my monitor at a higher Hz status such as 75 120 or even 144.

I`d appreciate any valuable comment.

P.S. If there is any information I can give in order to speed things up, feel free to ask and I`ll gladly answer.

Thank you.
Are you using dual-link DVI cable?

I used that CRU of yours, which is great, managed to get 71Hz on 2 monitors using dual-link DVI cable on both, and on the other I am using a VGA to displayport and can only get 65Hz. ( same monitors like I said )

Now I ordered a DisplayPort to DVI cable for my last monitor and will hope to get 71Hz on that one as well.

Have I done well so far ?

Edit : I just got them ( those two monitors) to 71Hz and the third to 65Hz, like I said cause it wouldn`t let me go higher. I only changed the Refresh rate so perhaps that`s why. I did not really wanna destroy 3 perfect monitors by tampering with all those numbers without knowing my stuff.

Last edited:
7970's have 1x single link and 1x dual-link dvi inputs.

7970's have 1x single link and 1x dual-link dvi inputs.

My card has 2 DVI and 4 DisplayPorts.

Edit : I just got them ( those two monitors) to 71Hz and the third to 65Hz, like I said cause it wouldn`t let me go higher. I only changed the Refresh rate so perhaps that`s why. I did not really wanna destroy 3 perfect monitors by tampering with all those numbers without knowing my stuff.

Last edited:
That`s understandable, but I was hopping to get some answer on how to get 75Hz, if not a solid 120Hz would be amazing, as I know that 144Hz is out of the question with my video card as of now.

Last edited:
8KdQWC.jpg

This is what I am able to do with my Acer GN246HL x 3 using CRU. If I go above it messes the monitor up. I don`t know what else to do to maximize it considering that my graphic card won`t be able to run them at 144Hz as they are intended to.

Any detailed explanation cause I`m trying to get 75Hz or at least 120Hz on them for like a week and with no luck.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Return the monitors and get a single decent one (BenQ XL2420Z or G series 144hz) instead, and research before buying next time. You need 3x Dual-Link DVI inputs or to buy 2x 80-100$ Active DP-DVI adapters, which are a waste of money. Forget about running 3x144hz monitors unless you want to spend far more money, which would be a waste because 1x7970 is too slow to make owning 3x144hz monitors worth while.

Returning the monitors is not an option, considering I bought them for 250euros each. I did research on the monitor not on my video card. Perhaps a bad idea at the start, but I am pleased with the monitors and how they are as of now at 71Hz each. I can always change my video card, but for now I want to get as much as I can get from the card and the monitors combined.

Two monitors are using a dvi dual link cable, and the third is using a displayport to dvi. So everything is Digital.

Now all I need is the right settings, which I can`t figure them out yet.

Thank you.

DSR=2 week return period in Europe and places like Amazon offer 30 day return policies. Unless you buy ACTIVE DP-DVI adapters (80$+) you can not run all of the monitors @144hz since your card only has 1x Dual-Link DVI.

Considering on the cash the monitors are worth is not low, they appeared like in April this year, I`m considering either buying those cables you`re mentioning or just replacing my video card.

But I would settle for now with having all of them somehow at 75Hz if not 120Hz.
I just need to find the right settings.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm asking for my friend.
Whether it can be overclock (72-75hz) HP ENVY 23 ( E1K96AA ) ???

Thanks

Last edited:
I just ordered a P2414H, I needed the non-PWM backlight more than anything after having to send back my BenQ 3200PT, my old TN panels from 2009 are murdering my eyes. Was pleasntly surprised to find it has been confirmed to overclock to 75-80hz in a few places. I couldn't pass it up at $189 on Amazon with 2 day prime shipping.

Hello

Does anyone have settings for overclocking LG 23MP75HM-P on 72-75HZ
By the way if anyone has values for calibration image or ICC profile

Thanks

Back