Hello,
I just bought one of the last 1905FPs from dell (they went out of stock the day after I bought mine) and I'm wondering if I got duped. All the reviews in English that I could find for the 1905FP were from around Jan 2005 and they all said that the 1905FP used a nice 8 bit LCD, but after I bought the monitor I found a site (Danish I think) that seemed to indicate that the later 1905FP monitors used a different cheaper/inferior panel.
Anyone hear or know anything about this? I was a little suspicious seeing the 1905FP prices go from around $450 to under $300 (I got mine for $288) but I just figured they wanted to clear out their stock. But now seeing the 1906 and 1907 using faster but less accurate (color) panels at the exact same price as the closeout 1905FP, I'm wondering if they switched the panel in the 1905FP also.
I can't even find any recent 1905FP reviews where someone may have taken one apart to see what exact panel they're using. I want accurate color representation much more than some bogus response time number but Dell advertised the original specs to the end, so any help would be appreciated.
TIA!
I just bought one of the last 1905FPs from dell (they went out of stock the day after I bought mine) and I'm wondering if I got duped. All the reviews in English that I could find for the 1905FP were from around Jan 2005 and they all said that the 1905FP used a nice 8 bit LCD, but after I bought the monitor I found a site (Danish I think) that seemed to indicate that the later 1905FP monitors used a different cheaper/inferior panel.
Anyone hear or know anything about this? I was a little suspicious seeing the 1905FP prices go from around $450 to under $300 (I got mine for $288) but I just figured they wanted to clear out their stock. But now seeing the 1906 and 1907 using faster but less accurate (color) panels at the exact same price as the closeout 1905FP, I'm wondering if they switched the panel in the 1905FP also.
I can't even find any recent 1905FP reviews where someone may have taken one apart to see what exact panel they're using. I want accurate color representation much more than some bogus response time number but Dell advertised the original specs to the end, so any help would be appreciated.
TIA!