19" S-IPS Panel LCD?

swarm30

n00b
I do quite a bit of web development and I need 3, 19" LCDs.

I've been holding off for the Dell UltraSharp 1908FP because of the 8bit panel, but according to Dell the 1908 won't be in stock for at least another 2 months (missing supplier-provided part).

So my question:

What comparable 19", 8bit panels are out there?

I'm in a a huge crunch here. Thanks so much guys.

Wow. I thought somebody would be all over this.

Ok, howabout *any* 19in 8-bit paneled LCD?

Thanks.

LG-Phillips is discontinuing the 19 IPS panel but you can still get it displays with this panel from NEC.

LCD199SXi-BK
LCD1990FX-BK

or LCD1970NX-BK if you can find one still

@travbomb,

Thanks for the reply. Found all of those NECs over @ newegg.

They are $500-$600 a pop, which is rough considering the 1908FP is $289 (when in stock...*sigh*).

Any other good 8bit's out there (regardless of panel type)?

LG-Phillips is discontinuing the 19 IPS panel but you can still get it displays with this panel from NEC.

LCD199SXi-BK
LCD1990FX-BK

or LCD1970NX-BK if you can find one still

Say, just out of curiosity, how are the response times on those panels? I was looking very closely at a bevy of 19" NEC models (loved the ultra-thin bezels), but noticed that many of them stated response times of b/w 16 to 20ms or above.

@mfedora,

All those at newegg had really high rt's as well. Not a problem for me (these are for design), but if you plan on games, it would be an issue.

Say, just out of curiosity, how are the response times on those panels? I was looking very closely at a bevy of 19" NEC models (loved the ultra-thin bezels), but noticed that many of them stated response times of b/w 16 to 20ms or above.

those response time are on/off not gray to gray like you are sued to seeing. The response times would be right around 8 and 10 for those two displays.

Get a 2007FP instead? Although they are expensive.

Yeah, the markup on those panels b/c of lack of production is insane. Also, for web dev/design 19" is really the perfect size.

Dell is ridiculous. The 1908 has been out of stock for 3 months and they have no ETA.

How is 19" the perfect size? Buying two 20" widescreens and putting them in portrait mode would make more sense to me than three 19" monitors...less vertical scrolling and all.

Yeah, the markup on those panels b/c of lack of production is insane. Also, for web dev/design 19" is really the perfect size.

Dell is ridiculous. The 1908 has been out of stock for 3 months and they have no ETA.

you can thank walmart for that. Dell sold all of their displays so walmart can shelve them in every store. They actually are now selling many other manufacturers displays since they are out of their own.

Wait, so Walmart sells the 2007wfp in-store now? If so, I could just cancel my order and see if I can get the good panel there.

Wait, so Walmart sells the 2007wfp in-store now? If so, I could just cancel my order and see if I can get the good panel there.

His post is about the 1908. That is what walmart is selling and that is why Dell has been out of them for a month and will be for a few more months.

Back