• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

19" Gaming LCD

Craftish

Gawd
Joined
Jul 24, 2002
Messages
675
I'm looking for a 19" LCD exclusively for gaming. Ideally I'd like it to scale well to 1024x768, and widescreen is definitely not something I'm interested in (I'd like it to have the same aspect ratio as a typical CRT so the shock when playing on tournament computers at a LAN, etc. etc. wouldn't be so great). My budget is anything below $500. I thought I would make a new post since the old ones I found were generally on a lower budget, were interested in widescreen or weren't concered with resolution scaling.
 
I have had two friends buy the viewsonic vx924 and love it...
So i would check out the
Viewsonic VX924
 
I should add that I'm very picky about ghosting, so I'm mostly wondering what people's opinions on the various 4ms/2ms panels are.
 
yesterday I watched my cousin play some BF2 on a viewsonic VA912b (8ms, analog input?) and did not see ghosting. His graphic settings were all quite low and the monitor seemed to be a bit brighter overall than i'm used to, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I also looked for ghosting of the white mouse cursor over a black dos window, didnt see it. Ambient light in the room was pretty high, maybe its worse in the dark. But, now I'm here shopping for an LCD...

--edit- to qualify the ghosting on black dos screen, it wasn't really a true black. Might be a contrast ratio thing.
 
I just ordered the Samsung 940B, and read a few reviews on it, and it seems to be really sweet. It should be here in a few days, and I could write a review for you all if needed, I am very picky with ghosting and can usually see it on other lcd's, so I am taking a leap of faith on this model because I have heard nothing but good reviews about it. Plus Samsung has a zero dead pixel policy :) Here is a review of the 940B.... Samsung 940b Review
 
Viper16 said:
I just ordered the Samsung 940B, and read a few reviews on it, and it seems to be really sweet. It should be here in a few days, and I could write a review for you all if needed, I am very picky with ghosting and can usually see it on other lcd's, so I am taking a leap of faith on this model because I have heard nothing but good reviews about it. Plus Samsung has a zero dead pixel policy :) Here is a review of the 940B.... Samsung 940b Review
So if I order the samsung from newegg, i just return it to Samsung if theres dead pixels?
 
MZ6 said:
Samsung, in the US, doesn't have a zero dead pixel policy (yet). Here's their current policy.

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer...?PG_ID=1&AT_ID=5608&PROD_SUB_ID=28&PROD_ID=-1

The minimum number of defective pixels we allow before we will replace an in warranty monitor is as follows:
For a 15" Monitor - 7 or more bad pixels
For 17" and 19" Monitors -10 or more bad pixels
For 21" - 24" Monitors - 17 or more bad pixels.

Well I didn't know that, hmm... from some of the reviews is seemed like they will take it even if it is just ONE dead pixel.... maybe they will be a little lenient(sp) on it. I dunno, Im'a check out the reviews ppl have posted on newegg, and see if I can find the one that had a bad pixel and Samsung replaced it...hmm! Sry about that false information, It could also be that if you are absolutely annoyed with it Samsung MAY replace it with no questions asked. Once again, Sorry for the misinformation.

P.S. Also look at the date, its dated 2 Years ago, so maybe they changed it :eek:

The More I read about it. the "Zero Dead Pixel Policy" is for South Korea Only...hmm, Here!


Here it says we do have it....HERE ...nm ARGGHH!!!
 
Back
Top