19" CRTs

sleek

n00b
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
63
I'm currently deciding between these two 19" CRTs

LG T910B

and

Samsung 997DF-T/T

At the moment i'm leaning towards the physical appearance of the Samsung, but either than that I really don't know which would be best.

For me, a student in South-Africa, running a small hardware sales company, it would cost (converted @ R5.8 for $1)

LG T910B = $278
Samsung 997DF-T/T = $265

Any ideas?

[And if someone could ship me a 17" 8MS LCD that'd be nice too ;) ]
 
I can't say about the LG, because I haven't used it. However, the Samsung 997 is quite an excellent monitor, as good as but larger than the 17" Trinitron that it replaced.
 
I purchased this and I've been more than pleased by its excellent picture quality - worlds apart from the LCD it replaced. I also paid ~$30 less as they seem to have raised the price on it. :(
 
Well, those two that I listed are the only ones I can get atm, except AOpen, but I really don't want an AOpen screen, and also philips but they're a bit more expensive
 
Just today I stumbled upon Samsung's 997DF. I found it on Newegg, but they want $25 for shipping. So I found it cheapest on Dell Home, which has a free 3-5 day shipping. You can't beat this monitor for its price. Dell Home came to a total of something like $184 and change.

But since I got a $100 Best Buy gift card, I'm gonna go in during Spring Break next week (early, I know, we're on quarters) and pick one up at a store. They have it priced at $200.
 
That's a whole lot cheaper than I can get it for... And I buy directly from the importers... Just not fair!!!!
 
I had the 997DF and returned it. here's why...

1. it had an annoying halo effect when there would be a white next to a black or dark color (such as the scroll bar on the black of this forum).

2. there was graininess about 2-3 inches inward from the edges of the screen. made text look funny and i'm picky.

3. There was some burn-in too, but deep down, i really wanted an LCD.

the monitor however, does look fantastic in games and is very sharp. it had pretty good colors and alot of adjustments. it's got great value, but i would suggest looking else-where if you think you're somewhat picky.
 
Hmm...maybe I'll just go to Best Buy and browse first. Maybe they'll have some of them turned on.
 
GJSNeptune said:
Hmm...maybe I'll just go to Best Buy and browse first. Maybe they'll have some of them turned on.


that's where i got mine and they took it back after i showed them with it turned on. so you could always try it out, but you might get some "this guy is picky" looks from the customer service employees. ;)
 
Back
Top