I am doing some research for a replacement for my 19 CRT. So far with all the research here Ive gotten a good range of LCDs to play with.
My questions are.
Contrast Ratio. Im not sure what to look for here. What will the difference be in lets say a 19 LCD with 650:1 and another with 1000:1
Im still debating over 19, 20.1 or something bigger. I know with large the screen the higher the response time will be and also price will skyrocket.
All I use the computer for is mainly for online games and maybe some Msword documents. So games and text are something to consider.
So far Im looking at the Viewsonic VX922 and the Samsung 204B-SV
The viewsonic is 19 1280X1024 0.293mm 650:1 ratio and 2ms response time
The Samsung is 20.1 1600X1200 0.255mm 800:1 ratio and 5ms response time.
I know both will be great monitors, price is about $100 US difference, higher on the 20.1.
Anyone have any thoughts or comments about looking at other new monitors. Im not sure about the wide screen and the effect it will have on the games. Will it stretch the video and make the characters look different? Also, are their any new great LCD monitors out there that I should consider over these 2?
I know a lot of this is user perspective but input really helps when you are about to spend $300+
Thanks.
My questions are.
Contrast Ratio. Im not sure what to look for here. What will the difference be in lets say a 19 LCD with 650:1 and another with 1000:1
Im still debating over 19, 20.1 or something bigger. I know with large the screen the higher the response time will be and also price will skyrocket.
All I use the computer for is mainly for online games and maybe some Msword documents. So games and text are something to consider.
So far Im looking at the Viewsonic VX922 and the Samsung 204B-SV
The viewsonic is 19 1280X1024 0.293mm 650:1 ratio and 2ms response time
The Samsung is 20.1 1600X1200 0.255mm 800:1 ratio and 5ms response time.
I know both will be great monitors, price is about $100 US difference, higher on the 20.1.
Anyone have any thoughts or comments about looking at other new monitors. Im not sure about the wide screen and the effect it will have on the games. Will it stretch the video and make the characters look different? Also, are their any new great LCD monitors out there that I should consider over these 2?
I know a lot of this is user perspective but input really helps when you are about to spend $300+
Thanks.