19 Circuit CIty Stores going out of Business...

forcemac101

[H]ard|Gawd
411 on the Circuit city site...

Looks like they open tommorow for deals.
Linkage

Brookdale 5900 Shingle Creek Pkwy. Brooklyn Center, Minn.
Cape Girardeau 164 Siemers Drive Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Cutler Ridge 19825 S. Dixie Hwy. Cutler Ridge, Fla.
Memorial Drive 4572 Memorial Drive Decatur, Ga.
Delray 1350 Linton Blvd. Delray Beach, Fla.
Akron 2789 W. Market St. Fairlawn, Ohio
Federal Way 34920 Enchanted Pkwy. S. Federal Way, Wash.
Fort Smith 7601 Rogers Ave. Fort Smith, Ark.
Greenspoint 171 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. E. Houston, Texas
Washington 10235 E. Washington St. Indianapolis, Ind.
Kokomo 1012 S. Reed Road Kokomo, Ind.
Westwood Village 1145 Gayley Ave. Los Angeles, Calif.
Martinsville 233 Commonwealth Blvd. W. Martinsville, Va.
Golf Mill Mall 9215 Greenwood Ave. Niles, Ill.
Northbrook 127 Skokie Blvd. Northbrook, Ill.
Odessa 5171 E. 42nd St. Odessa, Texas
Omaha 885 S. 72nd St. Omaha, Neb.
Topeka 2040 S.W. Wanamaker Road Topeka, Kan.
Salem Ohio 5114 Salem Ave. Trotwood, Ohio

Originally posted by BiGWooDy
Is there any CC stores in canada at all?
I dont think I've ever seen one

And the way things are going, you might not ever see one.

Looks like they're keeping the California stores with the exception of the one in LA.

It says on the site that they're taking away the stores to "Improve Financial Performance"... So I don't think they're going out of buisiness.. maybe theres just people in those cities that dont like circuit city:rolleyes:

Like alot of companies they're closing their low performing stores and financially regrouping. One big thing that hurt circuit City was their dumbass decision to get out of the appliance business. They were #2 to Sears. Another thing that hurts them compared to Best Buy is they don't have in-store techs at CC.

hmm, one of them is local, but i this doesnt mean good deals, though id hope they liquidate their inventory

The closing stores will not open today, but will reopen on Tuesday, February 10, for a close-out sale of display merchandise and are expected to close permanently on February 23.

Looks like they won't have any new merchandise really, just what is on the floor. I bet they take their inventory and ship it elsewhere. Most likely they will have other small cheap stuff on sale that's not worth their time to ship out.

In addition to the store closings, the page does inform us that they are opening just as many "Superstores" in other locations and plan ~65 in the upcoming fiscal year.

I am close to one, but I wonder what they can possibly offer...

Add the Woodland Hills, CA one soon. ;) Walmart just opened up another store nearby and it's within 2 blocks of: Staples, CompUSA, Best Buy, Good Guys, Fry's and a mall with 3 department stores. And that CC is usually pretty empty.

Salem Ohio 5114 Salem Ave. Trotwood, Ohio

My parents live about 3 minutes from this one and I will guarantee its in a complete shithole neighborhood. I used to work at the Best Buy across the street (which is closing too) and the loss these stores take from theft is insane, but thats what you get from the downtown Dayton element thats only 5 minutes away.

Both of these store are moving north of town from what I hear to communities that don't thrive on crime and theft.

On a plus note, I'll be in Dayton this weekend, I'll have to go check it out :D

Looks like I will be headed over to E. Washington street tomorrow. :D Doesn't really suprise me, as I used to work at the one on this side of town.

They are removing those Stores cause BB is a lot better..

/IoWnZa

So these stores are open to customers until 23 Feb, right? Or just tomorrow?

Originally posted by IoWnZa
They are removing those Stores cause BB is a lot better..

/IoWnZa

....On the contrary, although the houston one is near a BB (a little down the same street. (This is near willowbrook). They are relocating to a much bigger store (much like the size of a BB) right across the freeway from where the other one was, and still down the street from BB, and 50 bucks says they aint gonna be sellin anything worth shit considering they just gotta move it across the freeway.

Gonna hit up the Brooklyn Center one after work to see if they have anything worth gettin'.

i have closed a store before not circuit city but (not sayin which store) they shipped out all the good inventory to other stores and shipped in all the shitty and discontinued items that no one bought at the other stores so most likely cc will do this also

Greenspoint 171 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. E. Houston, Texas

Im going tomorrow hope theres goods :D

I wonder if they will lay some shelfing and display cases on me for the cheap? That would be cool.

The westwood store is pretty desolate, its no suprise its closing. Westwood is not a big tech buying area....

I would bet CC won't last another 5 years. They allready had to bust their employee's down from commission to Hourly. CC just doesn't have the name like Best Buy, or even the growing Frys chain

our local cc, not on the list, is really sucky, no one knows anything, the place is empty all the time, and their prices are out of wack.

i went in to buy an lcd monitor, and no one; from sales rep to department manager; knew what a response time was. they are fucktards.

Don't forget to check out their dumpsters from now until they close, see the dumpster diving thread for details ;).

Rich :¬)

I like CC better than best buy. CC has no restoking fees and returns are painless.

If comparing dumbasses to dumbasses, CC is better than Best buy.

interesting, i can go to brooklyn center and check this out today

i dont like BB, CC or Sears.......... HOWever,
'

best buy has better sales, and more of them...not that customer is any better. cause they both suck... on a diff note, the customer service @ best buy is a least a little more friendly...last two times ive been to CC customer service. i felt like i was in a terminator movie and the desk clerk was arnold schwartzenegger.

Originally posted by PsyKo[H]
I like CC better than best buy. CC has no restoking fees and returns are painless.

If comparing dumbasses to dumbasses, CC is better than Best buy.

My vote goes to CC. I bought my Emachines Laptop 2 weeks ago and a new CC rebate for it started last sunday. I showed up on monday with my receipt and they credited my credit card for 110% of the rabate right there. Their policy clearly states they do not price garantee rabates during the 30 day grace period.

Needless to say they readily handed over to me $116 dollars back(%6 tax refund).

I will always shop at CC before BB.

I went to CC in the morning before school, TONS of people there , half of the stuff was all gone. THere was about 8 comutpers and 8 laptops, only about 100-200$ off. A bunch of TVs and boomboxes and steroes. I didnt think the discounts were that great.

I went to the CA store that's closing. Very few great deals, but several of the projection TVs were marked down really cheap. A couple of cameras and computer speakers were also pretty cheap. Most of the prices weren't too great, though. All the cheapest stuff was grabbed less than 10 minutes after the store opened. I grabbed a Samsung SIR-T351 HD TV tuner in perfect, unscratched shape for $199 ($150 cheaper than new).

One of the things that made going there worth it was the stack of 10% off coupons by the register good at a nearby location (West LA store in this case) through 3/31/04. I grabbed 4. :D

I read somewhere that CC is trying hard to compete with BB and that means closing the smaller stores and building bigger stores.

I hope Circuit City can survive, the CompUSA chain is also having big problems.

I think CC have a better car audio dept than BB's and most of the people they hire seem more knowlegable than those former fast food cooks that Best Buy usually hires.

I use dto work there, but got out before the comission layoff of two years ago. IT seems to me that now that they ahve replaced every comission person who's sole goal was to sound more knowledgeable than the hourly guy down the street, that the information level is waaaaaaaaaayyyy down.

On the upside tho, they do have much better car equipment than most places. Thank god I left with lots of infinity stuff before I started my new job.

awesome deal on that samsung HDtv receiver BTW, thats a sweet price.

Doesn't surprise me that the majority of the deals weren't great tho,

T

Back