• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

19-27-19 PLP

JayGannon

n00b
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
23
Hey guys,
Anyone here runnning a 19-27-19 setup in PLP?

I have a 2709W that I was thinking of flanking with 2 1908fp's as the bezel heights seem to match up pretty close. Not going to e using it for much gaming mostly for productivity.

Anyone got any advantages/disadvantages of this setup, anything I'm missing out on that would make it unworkable?

Anyone who is runnning this any pics for me =)

Cheers
 
PPI match is not bad (86 vs 83) and 1024 is wide enough for web pages and documents. The resolution match isn't perfect but it should be close enough to not be an issue.
 
Yeah I was hoping that it would be a close enough match to be a good budget alternative to a 20-30-20 setup for those of us with less funds/space. The resolution mismatch would be the only downfall as far as I can see.
 
Unless you do a lot of spanning video or applications I don't think it will be an issue. Eyefinity won't be a problem at all as it won't work in a PLP setup - all monitors have to have the same orientation (PPP or LLL). If you multitask a lot like I do the mismatch won't be noticeable at all as you will tend to assign tasks to particular monitors rather than treat your desktop as a SLS.
 
Yeah I don't use eyefinity this is primarily for multitasking.
Getting the 2 19" today sow will report back with pics tonight.
 
Got 2x Dell 1907FPC today, excuse the messy desk but you'll get the idea. The 2 19"s cost me 90 euro for the pair.
I think that its a perfect low cost alternative to the 20-30-20. The bezel mismatch is 5mm and the resolution mismatch is almost un-noticable.
For reference there is a youtube video on full screen on the right hand side and apple mail on the left. The youtube is a little small due to the orientation but still definitely watchable.



Closeup of the bezel mismatch.

 
nice

I have a 27 and two 23.6's and the H config of PLP bothers me, been thinking about PLP with 1440x900 19"'s...
 
Yeah considering that I got the 2709w as a refurb I have less than 575 euros in this setup which I think is pretty good value to be honest. Is it as perfect a matchup as the larger cousin, no but after a few hours of using it its still pretty good.
 
nice

I have a 27 and two 23.6's and the H config of PLP bothers me, been thinking about PLP with 1440x900 19"'s...

900 is a bit narrow for surfing, most websites are designed for 1024 and wider.
 
Back
Top