19" 12ms LCD

KCoover86

n00b
I'm debating between the Viewsonic VP912B and the Scepter X9g-Naga II. Both are 19" LCDs, 12ms response time, SXGA 1280 x 1024 panels. The Scepter has a contrast of 500:1, while the Viewsonic is 450:1. Viewsonic has 2 Analog and 1 Digital input, while the Scepter has 1 analog, 1 digital, and 2 usb ports. The Scepter also has speakers, but I don't really care for those. Also, Viewsonic has the better waranty. My gut instinct says go with Viewsonic, even though it's more expensive at $699 than the Scepter, which is $479. Also, if I want the Viewsonic, I have to wait two weeks for another paycheck to roll in. Which would you guys take?

I had my VX910 and VP912 next to each other at a LAN party playing FARCRY and I could not see the difference. The 12ms vs 16ms is not worth the extra $100 IMO. Both offer awesome quality text and graphics and the $100 rebate until 10-30-04. VX910=$599-$100 rebate=$499+tax so that price fits your post budget! I just watched a full screen DVD (Day After Tomorrow-awesome movie) and the clarity of playback was beautiful! VP912 is pretty cool for the dual analog output and handy at LAN party. The DVI cable did make a noticeable difference in video quality and a big difference in responce time in games....we tested both over analog and DVI in depth at the LAN party!
Either way you cant lose, I just did not want to spend the extra $. Damn DVI cable from BBuy (Belkin was $49)....well good luck!!!

KCoover86 said:
I'm debating between the Viewsonic VP912B and the Scepter X9g-Naga II. Both are 19" LCDs, 12ms response time, SXGA 1280 x 1024 panels. The Scepter has a contrast of 500:1, while the Viewsonic is 450:1. Viewsonic has 2 Analog and 1 Digital input, while the Scepter has 1 analog, 1 digital, and 2 usb ports. The Scepter also has speakers, but I don't really care for those. Also, Viewsonic has the better waranty. My gut instinct says go with Viewsonic, even though it's more expensive at $699 than the Scepter, which is $479. Also, if I want the Viewsonic, I have to wait two weeks for another paycheck to roll in. Which would you guys take?

I went the Sceptre route and get the monitor tomorrow. I did this because, though not well known in the states, Sceptre has a really good reputation in European and Asian markets and because of the price point the Sceptre hit. I'll post a quick review on the monitor over the weekend.

B

Back