18m crysis footage

I am about half-way through so far, but what is buggy, and what is wrong with the frame rate? There seems to be some hitching when zooming, but this is a streaming video. How can you glean frame rate performance from it? It will look terrible no matter what the source.

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/crysis-video-40165.html

brillient man but way buggy. the frame rate is poor. i wonder what gfx card was used because if its a 8800 than that card wont be enought to run this game

Not true. The game is not done yet. You can't make statements like that until the game is
finished and it has been played by someone using a 8800. Stop trying to scare/anger people.

D/L now from another source, this game should be good. And for the record I\ve seen some goog quality footage of this game played on a 8800GTX not in SLi with one of intels quad core chips. I think this game will run pretty good on most hifgher end systems.

look mate, i want this game to run super smooth on my 7800 gt but i doubt that very much. with proper code optimization its possible. if im not mistaken, diddnt the first footage of crysis showed it running on a 7800gt?

cant cryteck release a beta of it to users to try on their machine? i wanna know if a 8800 can handle this with all its glory or if i should just wait untill 9900's come out

Considering the level of graphics quality I'm seeing here...I'd say its running pretty damn good... It's hard to tell though whether the parts that slow down or hitch are a result of the hardware or the video itself.

This video really makes me disappointed in the AI though. Same old FPS AI where guys stand around in the open while their teammates get shot down around them. They should be hiding behind cover and popping out only to shoot and pop back in. You see them stand there while they get pummeled on over and over. I guess they spent too much time working on the destructible environments and the AI suffered. It is especially disappointing too because it looks like at times they do have some intelligence, but then the next scene will have them being dumb again.

This video really makes me disappointed in the AI though. Same old FPS AI where guys stand around in the open while their teammates get shot down around them. They should be hiding behind cover and popping out only to shoot and pop back in. You see them stand there while they get pummeled on over and over. I guess they spent too much time working on the destructible environments and the AI suffered. It is especially disappointing too because it looks like at times they do have some intelligence, but then the next scene will have them being dumb again.

The only really bad AI I noticed was the one next to the guy in the log scene, where he just stood there after the logs squished his buddy.

In the first scene w/ the two guys near the car, they advance and then retreat for cover, and try to flank him as well.

The game reminds me a lot of Far Cry though, sounds like the plot is kinda similar too... didn't play much of Far Cry but it was pretty.

The only really bad AI I noticed was the one next to the guy in the log scene, where he just stood there after the logs squished his buddy.

In the first scene w/ the two guys near the car, they advance and then retreat for cover, and try to flank him as well.

The game reminds me a lot of Far Cry though, sounds like the plot is kinda similar too... didn't play much of Far Cry but it was pretty.
That's what worries me. I didn't find far cry particularly engaging once I got over how good it looked. The gameplay wasn't anything special except for the AI and that's much less innovative this time around. I really am starting to think that Crysis is going to just be another generic shooter, just one that happens to look REALLY good. Ars did a hands on review of it today that said pretty much the same thing. It's very pretty, but the gameplay isn't anything new. Granted, it's a demo at E3, but still....

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to play it if for no other reason that to stress my system, but I really wouldn't be at all surprised if I didn't finish the game. Especially given Crytek's track record with electric monkey syndrome.

Its not that buggy. The motion blur tires my eyes though, doesnt feel as natural as it sounds.

I really hope that isn't the final AI. At least it is better than BlackSite: Area 51.

Just finished watching the jeuxvideo stream and that guy has to be one of the worst players in history. Painful to watch.

So what happened to total destructibility? Why couldn't he shoot/grenade through the supports holding the boat up? And how the hell does a boat explode by tapping into the hull? Especially when the engines are in the back. This was a bad video, very repetitive and the guy playing was horrible.

It does have good graphics though. :p

I want to try running around with maximum strength on and tearing the enemies asunder Hulk style. Parts around the 14 minute mark looked extremely laggy, when he's driving the truck and then scopes in to shoot the guy behind the tree. THe scope there lags even more than usual, it was a couple of seconds of stutter there.

Anyone else think that one of the guys you hear on the radio sounds very, very much like the scientist-instructor type bloke in the Dharma Initiative video in Lost?

Also, the SCAR or whatever that is, the defualt weapon, seems to take three or four hits to the head and just short of a whole clip to the torso to make a baddie man die. Pee eff eff.

Anyone else think that one of the guys you hear on the radio sounds very, very much like the scientist-instructor type bloke in the Dharma Initiative video in Lost?

Also, the SCAR or whatever that is, the defualt weapon, seems to take three or four hits to the head and just short of a whole clip to the torso to make a baddie man die. Pee eff eff.

The person playing in that video sucked. Must have been his first time playing a FPS on a PC. I think thats why it took so many hits cause he couldnt aim.

can anybody explain the boat scene though? he couldnt even shoot the bloody wood that was holding the boat..

Few gripes:

3:30, bullet shells going through car
8:30 enemies acting totoally stupid, pretty bad AI, and they didnt blow down anything at all.
Boat scene, runs they guy over.

IM looking forward to the different enviroments in the game, farcry was too much island jungle for me. The freezing jungle, alien, and all those levels look really cool.

Looks great though, and still 3-4 months off ( i think) so hopefully i few things can be fixed.

can anybody explain the boat scene though? he couldnt even shoot the bloody wood that was holding the boat..

That, and the boat friggin explodes! We're talking about a hollow fiberglass hull magically exploding. That's something you expect to see in Grand Theft Auto, not Crysis.

Let's face it, the game has been overhyped. Graphics will amaze for sure but once it hits the shelves we'll probably be seeing threads complaining about the gameplay.

Let's face it, the game has been overhyped. Graphics will amaze for sure but once it hits the shelves we'll probably be seeing threads complaining about the gameplay.

I'd like to play the final product before making such an assumption though I'm sure you are correct considering how people love to complain. Gameplay looks very similar to Far Cry, though less linear. I like how stealth is a must as we already have enough run & gun FPS games imo. I wonder if the guy in the video could've used strength mode to push the boat into the water. Why else would there be a boat in the middle of no-where? It seemed it was required for the mission so there must be a way to shove it into the water. Sadly, the fool (the player) only used the armor and speed modes of the nanosuit. Either way I'm sure it will be worth the $50, at least to me.

To me it looks like a nice sequel to Farcry . Which is enough reason for me to buy. It's simply an fps with some great visuals and basic gameplay , but that doesnt mean it wont be fun . After playing Farcry evo on xbox I was itching for more . At the end though I don't expect many other games to use this engine in the future regardless of its looks. Of course initially a lot will be promised just like with Farcry.

Looks great. Minor gripe though... in Farcry I never got used to how you could hear the enemies talking all the time. It sounds like they're right next to you, but then it turns out they're on the other side of the wall... or 100 meters away in the bushes...
This might be a style/design thing that they intentionally put in, but it really breaks the illusion for me. Here's to hoping that they at least put an option so that the volume and direction of the enemies' voices actually corresponds to where they are in relation to the player. But as I said, minor gripe. The game looks fantastic! :)

He was using a silencer the whole time. When he's sneaking into a village soldiers don't immediately notice when someone goes down. That's the point.

The problem with this was I thought FarCry was a very generic shooter originally. I didn't take the time to fully explore the potential for tactical combat until years later. If you're just sitting down for a limited time on a demo machine, you probably won't feel comfortable taking it slow, slinking through the jungle and performing some decent recon before rolling in and shooting things to bits.

Judging by how open the Jeux Video reel looked, I can't imagine how such an open map will fall into the realm of a generic shooter if played with any degree of precision. This is one of those games where you just have to jack up the difficulty to make direct confrontation nearly impossible. Even with the augmentations.

The person playing in that video sucked. Must have been his first time playing a FPS on a PC. I think thats why it took so many hits cause he couldnt aim.

No, the reason I mentioned it was because every time I saw him hit, and a puff of blood appear, it took about nine or ten of those for each guy to die.

Judging by how open the Jeux Video reel looked, I can't imagine how such an open map will fall into the realm of a generic shooter if played with any degree of precision. This is one of those games where you just have to jack up the difficulty to make direct confrontation nearly impossible. Even with the augmentations.

I agree. I think the difficultly was set to either easy or at most medium since he was able to take so many hits and even full blasts from shotguns. On the IGN trailers we are shown that after getting hit by only a few bullets (with armor mode on) you'll be dead. The player needs to scout the location then use stealth to achieve the mission which is exactly the opposite that we saw.

Frame lag is a rare bug that I generally characterize as choppiness or jitteriness not accompanied by FPS drops or fluctuations.

And thats an accurate description of it. Might be due to lost packets, latency issues ect. But I see people erroneously characterize slow framerates as lag.

The framerate could definately be improved a bit, but other than that...I'm excited! I would have played the game so differently than the player in the video... "Keep a low profile?" Yeah, maybe after I smash this pickup truck through the enemy outpost, running over at least 3 men and totalling the vehicle. Reinforcements? Let them come!

Back