Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Could I expect to be able to hit 2.26GHz with this chip? I want to put it in my KT7A-RAID. Would this be better than getting a 2100 DUT3C? I'm leaning towards the 2100 because it wouldn't require any mods.
They'll probably oc the same. The 1800 is a dlt3c which is very good but its an early week 0304 where results are mixed. The xp2100 dut3c 1.60v also had some good and bad weeks so its basically a 50/50 crapshoot for you.
I'd buy the xp2100 (higher resale value) if the prices are close. If the xp1800+ is much cheaper then you may as well get that instead.