172x or 710t Monitors Direct or dell where to buy

vinny77

Limp Gawd
I am going to buy a New Samsung 172x or 710t I habe norrowed it down to 2 stores Monitors Direct and dell

Which store is better and has better return policys?

Which is a better monitor?

And does anybody have any coupon or sales codes for online purchases at these stores I have heard of people getting the 710t for $450

710t has better color reproduction, pivoting and less dithering.

172x looks nicer.

Both have about equal ghosting. 710t has been said to be better and looks that way to me (but I don't have enough experience with a 172x to tell you).

For about $100 bucks more than the 710t you can get a nicer looking monitor with no pivoting, more dithering and worse color reproduction in the 172x. Your choice.

Monitor direct has a no questions ask 30-day return policy... One dead pixel = you can return it for another one easily... Or if you dont like it you can switch it out

I don't have first hand experience with this, but from what I've heard, Samsung's product support = the best ever. I've been told or read about several occaisions relating to either of those monitors where Samsung has arranged to pick up and replace them, no matter what the defect.

It sounds to me like you could buy one from wherever you can find the best price and not have to worry about going through the retailer for any replacement/repair.

-Brent

EDIT: If you do discover that you have unresolvable issues, say, w/ the performance of the monitor, then I guess it would be worth buying from a retailer that will take returns without hassle. You might want to check out eBuyer (www.ebuyer.com). I've heard good things about their policies and prices.

What exactly is dithering? I dont want to spend 100 dolars without needing too.

Dithering is something that is bad. It is when colors are dulled down to the closest match the screen can provide. It makes colors bleed together and become blurry. You don't want dithering.

Back