1700+ fan

podizzle

n00b
people my cpu fan for athlon 1700+ has died... recommend me a good heatsync +fan combo for around $20

The Aeroflow (or Tt's ripoff ;) ) is truely a thing of beauty.....It really treated my 2400+ well.

don't ignore the Zalman CNPS7000A-CU either. This thing is quite possible the best solution available for P4 setups today.....and it's no slouch as an AMD cooler either. Sure you could get some slightly nicer numbers out of an SP-94/92mm Tornado combo but remember, both the Aeroflow and Zalman 7000 are A LOT quieter.....the Zalman being LITERALLY silent when installed in a closed case.

IMHO, it's best to be able to hear what's going on around you when you're at the computer, and for the noise (or lack of), you can't beat the Zalman CNPS7000A-(AL)CU.

I might as well mention, when I got mine, it needed some lapping. I lapped the copper slug down to sit flush in the alluminum... with a mirror finish. I suppose that may have something to do with the temps... but still, I wasn't expecting these temps with a $15 cooler.

Originally posted by ATLPIMP
I might as well mention, when I got mine, it needed some lapping. I lapped the copper slug down to sit flush in the alluminum... with a mirror finish. I suppose that may have something to do with the temps... but still, I wasn't expecting these temps with a $15 cooler.

That is something on Tt's end then 'cus my Aeroflow was perfect when I got it. Just from looking at the pic I can tell that Tt did some different things with the heatsink, things that make in inferior to Vantec's design and would provide a "lesser" cooling so to speak.

I really like what Vantec did with the design and layout of the Aeroflow, leave it to Tt to take something like that and butcher it just so they can call it their own. :rolleyes:

Back