16XQ AA = artifacts?

SureShot

Limp Gawd
I set my cards AA setting to 16XQ and started up spiderman 3 and noticed there was some heavy duty artifacting going on. Is this due to too high of a setting or what? this card is almost 4 days old with no overclocking done to it. :mad:

if the artifacts are just shown at that AA setting, then it is unlikely to be a hardware issue sondern a software related issue. try other games with that AA setting just to be sure

if the artifacts are just shown at that AA setting, then it is unlikely to be a hardware issue sondern a software related issue. try other games with that AA setting just to be sure

I don't see any with regular 16X, I'll do more testing and report back. BTW I'm using ForceWare Release 158 Version: 158.22
Release Date: May 2, 2007.

Looks like someone mixed up their english with german. :D

so if that happens, with this AA settings, in all the games then it is a driver issue, try the different driver versions, and remember to properly uninstall the driverz.

so if that happens, with this AA settings, in all the games then it is a driver issue, try the different driver versions, and remember to properly uninstall the driverz.

Alright, If I was to leave the 16XQ on while it was artifacting like that would it damage the card?

since it is a software issue, that wouldn´t damage the vid card, although i don´t see why u should left it turned on, since 16X AA is better than 16XQ AA

Back