A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I have a 200mb Diamond Max 10 w/ 16mb cache in my xbox and I am very pleased with it. I was somewhat hessitant to buy a maxtor, but the price was right and it loads very fast.
thanks guys, this'll make my decision easier, i dont really mind hd noise, its my case fans that bothers me.
I notice newegg has two maxtor sata models, one is rohs compliant, i know thats some kind of environmental thing, does that effect performance, seems like the rohs models are cheaper.
The ROHS models just ship with accoustic management turned all the way to it's quietest setting, IIRC.
This setting is easily changed using certain software.
These 16MB cache drives are great for performance, only being beat by the almighty Western Digital Raptor. They are good cheap DAMN FAST drives, just don't expect perfect reliability because a lot of time with Maxtors it just isn't on the same scale as Seagate.
so would the rohs models be actually quieter. it is strange that they are cheaper than the non rohs, the rohs model has no reviews for some reason on newegg.